Chapter 18: Pigtails

The next morning Loki and I decided to head into the city to do some shopping and it was actually pretty... Interesting?

Loki was stood in the middle of a shop frowning at the escalator. I looked at Loki in confusion and I am certain he hadn't blinked in the last five minutes.

"Loki just step onto the flat bit," I grumbled.

The God looked at me like I was crazy. "You can't be serious!" He stated.

I looked at escalator then I looked at Loki letting a smirk play on my lips... I pushed Loki forcing him to step on the escalator; The look of shock on his face was everything and more as he drifted up to the next floor.

"You will pay for that Sky!" Loki stated.

I laughed as I followed him up. "Yeah well we both know that's not gonna happen," I told him.

Loki and I had become rather good friends much to Steve's horror but Thor was happy Loki had a friend and he thinks I have calmed his troubled younger brother down... In reality we have both kinda rubbed off each other.

"Come on I can't find anything here," I said sadly.

The God and I walked side by side. "What event were you attending?" Loki asked.

I shook my head. "Just a highschool party," I told him.

School was actually going pretty well for me even after destroying the classroom. I had made it onto the cheerleading team... Steve was over the moon when I came home in my uniform, like I thought he was going to cry he was that proud of me. So since I was now on the team I got invited to the parties, of course Ned and Peter come with me as we are a package deal but they make the experience more fun.

Loki and I grabbed some doughnuts and we left the shops. We walked to the parking lot where my bike was parked. We both hopped on the back then placed our helmets on, I fired up the engine then took off onto the busy streets of New York heading back to the tower, I was pretty careful driver, only going above the speed limit if I have to.

I rode my bike into the Avengers Tower garage, I parked my bike next to Steve's. I turned off the engine and let Loki climb off first then I followed, as I turned I saw a very familiar black SUV parked in the garage and it didn't belong to Tony Stark-

Loki looked at me with worry. "Sky?" He asked. "What's wrong?"

Realisation hit me like a ton of bricks. "We need to get upstairs!" I stated.

I moved quickly over to the elevator and Loki followed me inside. Jarvis spoke to us but I blocked him out as I watched the numbers inside the elevator numbers change at a rapid pace, my heart raced as I prepared myself to meet the owner of the black SUV. The Elevator stopped on the top floor where the large lounge was, the door opened and I stepped out the elevator where all the avengers were, Nick Fury, Maria Hill and-

"Sky?" Steve said as he moved towards me. "Where have you been?"

I shook my head. "Shopping," I stated. "Loki was with me!"

"Agent Seven, it's been some time," A man said and I turned to face Thaddeus Ross. "You don't look right without pigtails."

I glared at the man. "I haven't wore pigtails in ten years!" I growled. "What do you want, why are you here?"

"Like I said no one likes you," Tony grumbled at Ross from across the room.

"STARK!" Fury snapped. "This is government business!"

"Yes and I'm here to collect what they own!" Ross stated in a loud voice.

I noticed Steve stood protectively in front of me, Clint shifted as did Natasha and I realised what was happening. I grabbed Loki's hand and gave it a squeeze making him look at me then my eyes scanned the room as I calculated the soldiers that Ross brought... Five all together, two big guys were closest to me, three were stood by Ross clearly protecting him.