Chapter 24: The Problem is not the Problem

Chapter 24: The Problem is not the Problem. The Problem is your Attitude about the Problem

Nora and Naomi went to the bathroom before the show. Even a Disney bathroom was a magical place. Lines and lines of stalls, usually with a Cast Member cleaning at any given time considering the amount of people who had to go, and usually there wasn't much of a wait if there was one at all.

            Considering a show was about to start, there was a line, which gave Nora ample time to cringe at her plan for the millionth time.

            "Are you okay?" Naomi asked.

            Nora squeezed her fingers together. "I thought this would be a good idea."

            "I mean, I think it's still a good idea. Levi's just..."

            "Being impossible?"

            "No. He's just not used to us. It's silly to think he's going to be himself around a huge group of people. Which is why Abby was trying to make the group smaller. I'm sure the guys might break off into even smaller groups to try to get some one on one time with him. He seems more comfortable with that, if you two hang out all the time."

            Nora bit her lip. "I didn't manipulate him here, did I?"

            "I mean, maybe a little?" Naomi said, her face a bit too innocent.

            "Ugh. I seriously don't want to be pushing him into things, but at the same time I wouldn't have made friends if it weren't for Maddie's constant nudging. I want what's best for him. And he needs more than just me as a friend. Just like I needed more than just Levi. There are so many more people out there."

            "I mean, it's not about having a lot of friends. It's just that every person has different perspectives and it's a good thing to get a lot of those. Plus, if you're ever needing help, it's better to have plenty of people to go to."

            "And you guys constantly talk about how it's not about having friends, but being a friend."

            "Exactly."

"Maybe he thinks we're a cult."

            Nora and Naomi glanced behind them to find Maddie.

            "How did you even sneak up on us?" Naomi asked.

            "Hey. I'm not loud all the time." She grinned. "But as for my opinion, which you didn't ask for, just give him some time. And I guess you can just talk to him about it and see how he feels and all that."

            Nora bit her lip. "Yeah. I just hope it goes okay."

It was his favorite thing all day. They'd gone to seek refuge at the ABC Commissary. The air conditioning was heaven and he'd even gotten a comfy seat. Samuel had his head down on the table and Kayden was checking his phone, which meant he got to sit in blissful silence.

            After a few minutes, he ended up putting his head down as well. It seemed easier to avoid possible conversation that way. He hadn't fallen asleep in the parks in years and he doubted he would around strangers.

            Which ended up being a total lie because by the time he opened his eyes, the light had shifted and Samuel had gotten blue milk, which meant he'd gone all the way to Galaxy's Edge and back for.

            "He lives," Samuel said, taking a sip.

            "We didn't want to wake you," Kayden explained.