3) Distant Rumbles.

It was early the next morning when Ted felt Dallas get out of bed. "What's up?" He groaned mostly asleep.

"I need to get home before my father wakes up." Dallas sighed.

Ted sat up. "I'll give you a ride." Ted rubbed his head. He could see that Dallas was frowning. "In the car." He kicked his legs off of his bed and tugged on some clothes.

"You don't have to, this was great, and I hope we can do it again." He smiled warmly at Ted.

"I know I don't have to..." Ted stood. "I want to, and how about later, we drive into Iberia, and go on a date, where no one knows who we are..

Dallas smiled. "I'd like that a lot." Ted made sure he got Dallas's number and took him home. Ted laid in bed, realizing that he had ignored his phone all day. He slid it out of his pocket and noticed Trish had called three times and texted him a dozen times. He read the texts and laughed.

'No... I met someone.' He texted her and fell back asleep.

Ted woke the next morning, to a Text from Dallas, and another Dozen from Trish. He answered, Dallas's first. 'Back at you sexy!' he opened the Trishes message, she wanted the juicy details, age pictures, how hot is he is.

'His name is Dallas, he is a sexy beast, and around my age.' he fired off.

He responded to Dallas's Blush emoji, with a kissy face, and hug. He remembered he got a job yesterday, looked at his clock, it was still early eight-ish. Realizing he didn't know when to show up, he got ready for his day, and headed to the park, today in his car.

"Well, Not bad..." Buck chuckled. "I expected you here around noon..." Ted chuckled, knowing it was around Ten. "You two boys have fun last night?"

"Yea we did.." Ted started excited, then paused. "...You set us up, Didn't you?" Ted recalled the slightly off-ness of Bucks's comments.

Buck chuckled and shook his head. "Nah, I just bumped one hormonal gay boy, into another, and nature did the rest." He chuckled. Ted blushed. "Well, I was your age once too, a long time ago, but I still remember." He motioned Ted to Garage. "Let's show you how to mow."

Ted didn't need to be shown how to use a riding lawn mower, he did need a lesson in Buck's 'ways', which were set in stone, but not difficult. The line maker, though was a bit more complicated, it wasn't hard to use, just needlessly overcomplicated Ted thought, but like Buck said, you couldn't argue with the results. Buck reminded Ted of the grandfather he never knew, or what Ted thought he'd be like. Buck was a bit sagely if you looked past all the cliches, which Ted was fond of anyhow.

"Now we aren't going to draw lines on any of the other fields, today..." Buck sighed. "I don't draw lines for practice." Buck said sternly with an equally stern nod. "But now you know, how... Why don't you mow, the rest of the fields, for Friday night." Buck looked at Ted, looking for some kind of understanding.

"Well, it's Wednesday, so the grass can grow a day between the games." Ted speculated, buck nodded. "Why?"

Buck nodded. "It's easier on the grass, and looks a bit nicer, I think." Ted nodded and took the mower around the fields and grassed areas between them. He found a broom and swept the sidewalks, for good measure.

"I knew you were worth the $22.50." Buck chuckled when Ted put the broom away.

"Oh?" Ted asked puzzled.

"Most kids your age, aren't worth paying much more than $13 an hour." Buck nodded as if Ted was supposed to understand. "I didn't tell you to sweep the sidewalks, to be honest, there probably wasn't really a need to, or you could have used the blower." Buck pointed to it hanging on the wall. "But you swept it up anyway, you do work the right way, without being told or asked."