fourteen

"Nyet! No way in hell is she going back to that garbage can of a school!" I sat on the couch, watching Raven and Axel argue. Marc sat on one side, his arm around me while Corey sat on the other. All of us were comically watching them go back in forth, Brandon in the kitchen making popcorn for our viewing pleasure.

Marc wasn't angry at me when I told him, that same sadness filtering through his eyes as he held me while I cried. I slept in his bed last night, surprised at how easily I slept. I hadn't had any nightmares, and I didn't wake up scared.

"Raven, she has to finish school. It'll be good for her, and in case Volto is watching it might piss him enough to make a mistake." Raven simply shook his head, his arms crossing over his chest as he clenched his jaw.

"No, those teenage boys with creepy crawly hands will be all over her and she has temper."

"Hey!" I shouted, sticking my tongue out at Ravens face. He simply shrugged, asking me with his eyes if he was wrong. I mean, he wasn't, but he didn't have to come out and say it like that.

"Look, I knew how to take care of myself long before you guys showed up. I'm fine, I'll be fine. Promise." I stood up, resting my hand on Ravens shoulder. I started to let myself be more open with affection, and by the smile on Axels face he knew it.

He grunted, shaking my arm off as he huffed and spun around. I sighed as the door to his room shut, my eyes flickering to Corey. His own widened before a blush took over his cheeks as he stood, kissing me on my head before he headed back to Ravens room. I heard the door open and shut again, leaving us in a compatible silence.

"So you know there's something going on between them?" Brandon spoke up, my eyes flickering to him. It almost seemed like he was back to that hard shell of a man I first met a little over a week ago, and it shocked me before it made my heart warm.

"Yes, it's easy to see they feel something for one another." I felt an arm around me, the corded bracelets on his wrist queuing me into the fact it's Marc. That and the subtle smell of coffee beans and vanilla.

"I know they haven't fully opened up to you about what they are, but give them time. Ravens not afraid of their relationship being in the open, neither is Corey. He's just, a little reserved." My mind flashed back to the photo at the end of the hall as Marc spoke, an irrational anger at the woman that had stood at the center of the photo.

I could be sure she was the one to make him weary about being open, but the photo sure made it seem like she didn't help.

"For now though, do you have homework?" Axel said, making my suck my cheeks in. I didn't care for school, I really didn't, but the thought of not turning homework in and being like those idiots made me panic slightly. I wasn't one to not do my work, i never had been.

"Shut up." I mumbled, rubbing my eyes as I groaned. "Unfortunately, I don't have my bag anymore, remember?"

Axel furrowed his eyebrows as he let out a sigh, tugging me to him as he pressed a kiss to the top of my head. "Yeah, I forgot. You can't exactly blame a psycho trying to kill you on losing your homework."

"Guess that means I'll just wing it tomorrow or something, i doubt any of my teachers will care that much." I shrugged as I spoke, my chin on his chest as I looked up to him.

"That just means you get to help me make dinner!" Marc said as he practically jumped up, grabbing me and pulling me into the kitchen. I groaned, grinning at the thinned eyes Marc gave me.

He tugged me into the kitchen, taking various veggies out of the fridge before pointing to the sink. "Cut the chicken breasts in half and season them however you think."