19. Nick

"Sir?" Friday's quiet voice rings in Tony's room.

Tony lays there for a second before rolling over. "What?" he replies, his voice still sleepy.

"Someone's broken in, sir. Broken window on the 85th floor."

Tony immediately sits up. "85th floor?! How in the world did they manag- Peter? Is it Peter? Do a scan? Is he hurt?"

"No sir, it's not Peter. I am unable to identify the intruder."

Tony sighs. "Fine. Alert the team, and tell Loki to make sure Y/n is okay."

"Yes sir."

Tony gets out of bed, doing his best to step near furniture to avoid making any noise. He activates a single repulser on his hand before slowly opening the door, and looking both ways before sneaking into the hallway. He notices Steve and Bucky doing the same.

He slowly walks into the living room. Tony notices the kitchen light on, and gestures with his hand to alert Bucky and Steve.

The three of them, and now Nat, quickly move to the kitchen. Tony gesture for Steve and Bucky to go around, and for Nat to stay with him, so they can flank the intruder.

As soon as everyone is in position, Tony counts down from three with his fingers, before gesturing for them to move in.

"Hey Santa, do have any clue what mess you just got yourself into? This is Avengers Towe-"

"Oh. Fury. It's you," Nat says cutting Tony off; her posture immediately changing from defensive to casual.

"Tony. Natasha. Steve. Bucky," Fury nods. "So nice to see you all again. I would just like to thank you for informing me of the arrival of your guest," Fury says sarcastically.

"Guest? What guest?" Bucky asks. Fury just stares at him for awhile before it clicks in Bucky's head, "Ohhhh.. you're talking about- I got it."

"Mhmm."

"I'm assuming you want to meet them?" Tony asks.

"Only if you don't mind, I don't want to inconvenience you," Fury says, putting his hands up in a faux surrender, and his voice dripping with sarcasm.

Tony nods, "But before that, One-Eyed Willy-"

"Don't, call me that."

Tony continues, unfazed, "How did you bypass my security? Friday should have recognized you."

"I had Hill delete me from your database. I cant risk having anyone but select people and highly encrypted systems to know of my existence," Fury answers, peering at Tony from the corner of his eye.

"YOU REMOVED YOUR IDENTITY FROM MY SYSTEM?!"

"Yes, is there a problem with that?"

"No, just, let me know before you break in next time? I could have had Friday incinerate you, ya know? It's a good thing I didn't."

Fury glares at him. "I'd like to see you try, Stark. Now, if you could you introduce me to your guest."

"Oh, right! Yeah, kinda forgot about that. Follow me," Tony says beginning to walk out of the kitchen.

Once they all reach your door, Tony knocks. "Hey Y/n? Can you let us in?"

"No," Loki's voice answers. "Not until you prove that it's safe."

Fury leans over to Nat and whispers, "Is that Loki I heard?"

"Friday, can you display the camera footage of us right now to both of them?"

"Of course, sir," Friday's voice replies.

"OH MY GOD. IS THAT NICHOLAS FURY?!" your voice shouts.

"Yes, now if you could let us in-" Fury says, getting cut off by the door quickly opening.

"Furry it's you! Look, Loki! It's the Fury."

"Did you just call him Fur-" Bucky starts.

"Yes, I did," you answer, before turning to face Fury again. "So, Nicholas Sparks, to what do I owe the pleasure?"

You see Bucky and Loki hold back laughs at the name, and Tony's look disappointed at himself for not coming up with that himself.

"You are currently Earth's number one threat. No database can identify you."

"Nice."

"Fury, Y/n is from an alternate universe. They've proven it and we have concluded that we can trust them," Steve says, trying to fix this mess.

"And what kind of Alternate Universe are they from?"

"One where you're all fictional characters!!! I still can't believe I'm meeting the Nick Cage!!!" you squeal excitedly. "I'm a huge fan of your work!"

"My work?" Fury asks.

After that you all migrate to the kitchen. You start describing your world and answering any of Fury's questions.

"So yeah, that's about it. Feel free to contact Tony if you have any more questions," you smile.

"Why me?"

"Because who else would I tell Mad Eye Moody to contact?"

Soon after, Fury leaves looking very confused, and everyone goes back to bed.

At breakfast, Sam walks to the table and sits down. "So, Stark, what was that alert last night all about?" he asks. "I was too lazy to get up, I hope you all dealt with it."

"Fury broke in, no biggie."

"Fury?! Like Nicholas? Like the guy with one eye? That Fury?" Sam asks. You can't tell if he's shocked, confused, or scared.

"Yes Samantha," Bucky answers. "Stark was petrified. He told Fury that he was going to incinerate him."

"WHAT?!" Sam says.

"I can't believe you told Fury you were going to incinerate him," Clint laughs.

"'No incinerations'," Pietro says doing a perfect Darth Vader impression, causing Clint to laugh harder.

-
a/n: thanks Jimmypd2 for the idea to include fury :]
also it's november 16th (when i'm writing this) and i've literally been working on this fic since june 26th AAAAAAA