CHAPTER 2 - Cockroach

Ella's POV

Okay so you might be wondering why I have my crush's contact saved as a bug. Well a few months ago he made a joke about something being shitty, I think it was an exam that sucked and basically called that exam disgusting with the Cockroach reference and I don't know why I found it so funny, my friends definitely weren't laughing as hard as I was, or maybe even at all, I wouldn't know, I was too busy laughing my ass off to notice.

My friends all looked at me knowingly and I told them to shut up. I wasn't okay with admitting that I liked him and a part of me still won't allow myself to do that in front of anyone because it's kind of like the moment you admit it, especially in front of someone you know or are close with, it becomes way more real than what it felt like when you're the only one who knows about it for sure. And I don't want it to become real. It sucks to fall for someone you're close with and then worry about losing a friendship if the feelings aren't mutual but it sucks even more when there's barely any form of a relationship with that person to begin with.

Cockroach's actual name is Adrian and he's the friend of my friend Laylo who I'm close with. So Adrian only really comes over to my group when it's to talk to Laylo or to finish homework that's due that same day(I know right, what a character) but it's better than not seeing him at all so in a way, I thank Laylo.

It's so hard to start a conversation with him in person that doesn't run dry within two seconds though. It's so frustrating cause when he does show up, WHICH IS NOT OFTEN, it feels like an opportunity wasted every time he leaves. But then again, he probably finds me annoying, which I hope isn't true, it's just that I'm really talkative and I try using that to my advantage with him, to hopefully get him to actually talk to me and not just answer my questions or respond to my statements and not add anything of his own to the conversation. I hope he doesn't feel like I'm smothering him. But pfft, would there even be a chance for that, the ass literally leaves so soon after he's shown up.

These feelings are making me go crazy. Clearly.

Anyway, at least he responded. Which I realize I haven't responded to yet, due to spacing off.

'What are you doing up?'- Ella

'Cramming for tomorrow.' - Cockroach

'Ahhh, are you nervous?' - Ella

'Not exactly, I just wanna make sure that whatever I have gone through, I've gone through it thoroughly.' - Cockroach

'Makes sense.' - Ella

I notice him typing and hope to dear God that this isn't already the end of the conversation.

'What about you though? Why're you still up?' - Cockroach

Oh my gosh. He's continuing the conversation, what do I do. You respond idiot. Ah right, thanks brain, heart took over there for a second.

'Well actually, it's a funny story.' - Ella

'I could go for a funny story after all that studying.' - Cockroach

Well then.

'I'm actually in a hospital right now, haha.' - Ella

'Wait what?' - Cockroach

'The hospital?' - Cockroach