CHAPTER 6 - I Doomed Myself

A/N : You guys better read the authors note at the end-

Ella's POV

2 years later

I liked him for 11 months before he confessed to liking me back. I was gonna take my feelings to the grave if they never went away. We had become best friends. I wasn't gonna ruin that, and I couldn't see any signs that he had feelings for me, so I kept my feelings to myself. September 13th he confessed. September 14th things were made official, I mean, who was I to say no, I'd had feelings for him for nearly a year by then. I was on cloud 9.

1 year later. It's our first anniversary. I'm still as happy as could be. There has of course been lots of bumps in the road but I don't see how that's unavoidable.

I didn't think I'd even get him to like me back, so dating was the furthest thing from my mind. Who knew though? That night when my feelings for him had a huge growing moment when he was there for me, as an unexpected person, ended up being really surreal because now we're actually together. Kind of like a less dramatic story? I wasn't diagnosed with cancer or an incurable disease, thankfully of course, it was just that night that wasn't one of my best, health wise.

I guess in a way, it was all thanks to the fever.

It gave me a memorable experience and a story I wouldn't mind telling over and over again. That night meant alot to me back then, and even more so now, for as long as him and I are together, I'll tell this story and hope it comes off as a precious moment to those who hear it in my point of view. Where I was physically not well but my heart was pounding with the thrill of just talking to him. At the time, that was all I could ask for, and I was grateful for it.

And now, I'm happy and lucky to have someone so wonderful in my life. Hopefully it stays this way for a very long time.

And jeez, life is so twisted, I had to go through nearly a year of hiding my feelings and being afraid of getting rejected only for it to turn out that he liked me back.

Cruel honestly, I had some breakdowns in the past because of not being able to get over the guy and being best friends with him didn't make it any easier to stop my feelings from growing.

But I did doom myself when I messaged him that night. So I only have myself to blame.

It's a good thing this had a happy ending, because I do not see myself losing this guy.

For as long as I'm able to help it.

The end.

A/N : hi everyone, you've probably guessed it if you haven't forgotten about what's in my description. "A not so fictional story." This is events that really happened to me, almost every action and moment in this book is real, although it was 2 years ago so I didn't exactly remember fine details like how high my temperature was, or the exact times of things, for example when I napped when I started feeling sick, but those weren't really effecting the plot so I didn't worry myself on that.

I hope you all enjoyed the book, it was never going to be something as interesting as an actual fictitious story that could have much more intriguing or exciting moments so that's also a factor as to why this is a short story. I just wanted to sum up my experience in a cute(hopefully) and short way. I tried keeping what happened as real as I could, since I'm not really doing this for the views or the votes but just to tell my experience in a story.

If there's any readers here who might have gone through, or is going through something similar, feel free to message me privately or leave your story in the comments, I'd be really glad to hear about it.

And today is actually my anniversary, I'm very happy to have released this book as both a gift to my favourite guy and a memory I'd like to keep here.

This was very personal of course, before him and I were together I always imagined releasing a short story of that time because it basically just meant alot to me. There isn't much to it. It's just something I knew I would enjoy doing and I'm hoping most people who DON'T know me read this because clearly I exposed myself with the thoughts I had about him and during that night at the hospital while talking to him but it's okay since he's actually mine now ;)