8|| It will end in tears

Unedited~
• • •

A long moment of silence elapsed. Sophia stared wide eyed at Kayla, almost dumbfoundedly.

What the hell did she mean by that...

"Let's just sit for a bit," Kayla continued after a quick breath, "Imma text Seong real quick, he need to get his ass up here, right now."

Sofia was still skeptical.

"Now wait a damn minute! You're not making any sense Kayla!" She yelled exasperatedly

Kayla only laughed to herself, her eyes still incredulous.

"–I'm not following." Sofia finished with a huff, collapsing into one of the plush sofas. She had no idea there were rooms like this on the second floor. Who'd have thought. Kayla was a regular here so it made sense she knew.

"Let me be shocked for your sake Sofia," Kayla whined, tapping away on her phone.

"–I'm still finding it hard to believe. Do you have any idea who the man you were speaking to just now, is?!"She looked up then her eyes dropped down, her mouth opening in a gasp as if she just saw something she didn't notice before.

"Oh my God! Is that his?!" She shrieked.

Sofia stared at Kayla as if she'd grown two heads, brows deeply furrowed. Surely Elijah wasn't enough to warrant this amount of screaming.

...was he?

Sofia nodded slowly, staring at Kayla through narrowed eyes, "He did...? I already told you I met him on the elevator, he only told me his name was Elijah–"

"And you didn't recognize him, you didn't immediately realize?!" She groaned, "Oh my God, Seong was right, you're completely disconnected from reality!"

Sofia gasped, "Hey! I take offense to that!"

As if on cue, the doors swung open and Seong rushed in, "I got your text, what happened?"

"Oh my God Seong! You're not going to believe this," Kayla's whirled around to face him. She laughed, pointing a shaky finger towards Sofia. "She's wearing Mr Osoro's coat!"

Sofia's face fell in sync with Seong's. Both of them looked at Kayla as if she had gone mad.

Seong was the first to laugh, waving his hand dismissively. "Those mimosas have finally gone straight to your brain, let's not joke around like this."

"No no, I'm being completely serious," she marched right over to Seong and grabbed his collars, shaking him back and forth while speaking.

"I saw him with my own two eyes just now, he was talking to her!"

Seong still looked at her strangely and in disbelief but even a blind man could tell he was beginning to waver. Sofia was too frozen to speak.

No fucking way...

"Doesn't it all make sense now? Why Sofia was ths only one on the news? Hell, Mr Osoro's first name is Elijah isn't it?" Kayla was almost jumping now. Still grabbing tightly onto to Seongs collars.

"C-Calm down Kayla," Sofia finally found her voice. She stared down at the coat disbelivingly.

This was a bit too farfetched. Did Kayla really expect her to believe she was sharing the same elevator with the boss of her boss's boss back then?