|| Her neighbor {MN extra 1/?}

Unedited ~

•••

Sophia exhaled lightly, holding her hands to her chest in one final ditch effort to calm her fast beating heart.

Deep breaths Sophia...deep breaths, she chided herself, sitting stiffly on the side of her bed, feet rooted to the thick yet soft carpet on her floors.

There it was again, Sophia sucked in a breath.

The sound made her head snap to its direction. A series of light knocks coming from her door which really wasn't too far from where she sat now in her small studio-like appartment. Soft yet purposeful raps against wood. It echoed throughout the dim silence of her appartment.

Her heart thundered against her chest.

She...might as well get used to this...shouldn't she? But --It wasn't as if she hadn't tried to. It was simply too much of an impossible to do so in reality. She knew to expect it yet her heart always fluttered like petals in the wind whenever it got late and a special....someone came around to visit...to take up space with his large frame in her already small appartment.

Another knock, this time with the edge of impatience.

Hearing it again Sophia got up shakily. Her nerves were high on end and the tightness in her chest remained. From what? She hadn't the slightest clue.

Was it nervousness? Excitement?

Sofia blew out a heavy breath. "I...In a minute!" She yelled knowing he'd hear her where he stood.

C'mon... control yourself. She scolded as she git closer to the door. This was definitely not the first time he...invaded her space. And at the current rate it sure as hell wouldn't be the last.

He was...needy and clingy in a way that surprised even her and ever since that first time...in his apartment. Sophia was sure to kiss her sweet sweet peaceful nights goodbye. Sophia, who was sure a man of his stature had to be to busy, had her reality refreshed multiple times before and this evening as well.

He always made time, time she didn't know he had and he definitely wanted to see her now. Sophia looked down on herself and huffed. He wanted to see her now, when she was just about to get ready for bed, only dressed in a bonnet and a large shirt she kept that was too big for her frame.

His shirt that she wore today cause she missed his scent...as hesitant as she was to admit it out loud. She had a collection, his closet was her favorite store. Sophia giggled like a crushing teen and hurried until she stood at the door, her hands gripped the knob and she meticulously opened it just to take a peek.

There he was, he smiled as he saw her, Sophia smiled too despite herself.

"Did I wake you? Sophia."

"Un.. no-" she replied and took a deep breath,

"Its cold out here, are you gonna keep me locked out for longer?"

Sophia smile fell and she scowled at him, it was barely midnight plus it didn't get cold here that easily, "Keep teasing me and I might-" Sophia rolled her eyes and went to calm her soul down one more time before removing the small chainlock and pulling the door open.