Chapter 98

Summary

Mina comforts Eijiro and an otherwise pretty normal day with the mercenaries.

Mina and Ochako walked back to Mina's room. Mina cursed under her breath. "Goddammit! I wanted to break through the thick skull of his ... I should have told him, that he should imagine them in reversed roles. What if Eijiro was the omega and he the alpha. How would he react if he broke up with Eijiro and Eijiro immediately jumped at Deku!" she exhaled angrily.

"Well I think he would blow up" Ochako murmured.

"Exactly! God, this hypocrisy of him makes me sick." She cussed. They got back to Mina's room, Eijiro was sitting on one of Mina's pillows on the ground. He had one of her plushies in his hands. His expression was sour. He looked up when they entered. He could see Mina's angry face, she walked over to him and sat next to him.

"You were absolutely right, Eijiro, they are already in a relationship" Mina grumbled, she leaned her head against Eijiro's shoulder. Her hand was running over his arm.

Eijiro gulped, he bit down on his lower lip until blood spilled out. "I knew it; I thought I heard them last night. They do not waste time, huh" he murmured.

Mina saw him tearing up. She hugged him tight. "I'm so sorry, Eijiro. They are both massive dick heads."

Eijiro just shrugged. He leaned back on the ground, his arms over his head. "Well, I guess it's my fault for even thinking it could work ..."

"No, no, no! Don't you ever say that! It's not your fault! You're the most affected person here, and the one who sucks the least!" Mina tried to reassure him.

She lay next to Eijiro and cuddled him. Ochako sat next to them. "I'm sorry for everything. I can just imagine how it must hurt."

"I mean, I knew it, all along that they would get together in the end. Who am I even kidding? I never had a chance in the first place."

"Hey, hey, everything is going to be okay. It might be tough in the next time, but you'll find someone that will make you really happy" Mina leaned over him and smiled. Eijiro didn't return it this time. He just shrugged.

Mina and Eijiro continued to lie on the ground, while Ochako awkwardly sat there. "I- I will go down, see what the others are doing" she got up and walked over to the door. She heard Eijiro sob as she was about to close the door.

She had a lump in her throat and she bit down on her lower lip too. Still sad, she walked down to the common area again. To her surprise Eri was here, she was absolutely in joy, when she saw the baby, even though she was a bit scared of Toya, but the others talked to him normally, so he couldn't be that bad.

Ochako walked over to Tsuyu and sat next to her on the couch. "Is everything alright, ribbit?"

"With me personally, yes" she mumbled.

"Do you want to talk about it, ribbit?" Tsu put a finger on her lips.

Ochako exhaled. "I don't know, it's not my place to talk" she pulled her legs up on the couch and wrapped her arms around them.

Tsuyu looked at her for a while. "Did something happen with your pack?" she asked.

"Yeah ... there is no pack anymore, things have changed." Ochako mumbled. "And, I am afraid how this will affect our friendship."

Tsuyu nodded. "I understand, ribbit" she put her hand on Ochako's back. Ochako leaned a bit over and cuddled close to Tsuyu. It felt good that Tsuyu understood what was going on, and that she just held her.