CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR

My birthday is coming, few days passed since Stella started to work as my servant.

I must say, she has a lot of stamina and she's not fragile unlike the other maids. She always balancing the plates above her head for some reason but luckily she didn't dropped any of it

I even saw her swinging a sword every night.

I'm in the carriage with her right now. She's an ideal bodyguard if she's a man, to be honest but it's a good thing she's a lady. I feel comfortable around her for some reason.

"My lady, I heard there's a new built building in the capital. I think it's a school or something." Stella said

"It must be Adelaide's school."

"Adelaide? Who's that?"

"My former teacher."

"Oh, I see."

"Tell me, Stella, what is your status in the Southern Empire?"

She was stunned for a second and then smile,

"I'm a lady from the House of Vahn."

"You are?"

"I was. But I run away."

"Why?"

"My father, the earl, he...he's a murderer, abusive, delusional, and cruel. He often torture our servants in the basement because they made one mistake. I was a kid back then, I thought my father is an awesome person. Few years later, he murdered a woman from the commoner's family. The woman's family didn't get the justice they want because they don't have much money to imprison my father. He do whatever he wants and when his business goes bankrupt, he said it wasn't his fault and blamed it to the baron, his friend and his investor. But, some servant said that my father often went to a casino and spend his money there. And guess what happened to that servant, father cut her tongue. It was horrible. I can't believe I'm living such luxurious life when the people around us suffered because of my father. I hate being his daughter and I hate it when someone recognized me as the daughter of the tyrant earl. So I choose to run away from him with my horse, but the guards noticed me, I was in the woods back then when they wounded my horse, I fell off and they almost caught me luckily, I brought my sword just in case and stabbed them. I ran as quick as I can but the arrow from one of the knights caught my leg. It was painful but I still ran and then, I lost them. A good old man took me in but few days later when my father found out that I'm staying in a small house with the good old man, they haunt him and killed him. I'm glad he healed my wounds so I ran as fast as I could and then there's....someone...I don't know if he's a human or some sort of creature. He has fangs and tail...he's more like a werewolf to me."

"A werewolf?" I asked

"Yeah."

A werewolf? In this world? That doesn't even mentioned in the novel back then!

All I know that the only hybrids in this world is the lion's pride, Gabriel is one of them

There's also no werewolf in my first life when I lived herE. How?