Chapter 1: Pro Hero Dynamight

UA is the most prestigious high school in Japan, and there is nobody who would argue about that. Every student who applies must go through a rigorous and extensive selection process in the hopes of getting in. Of course, the success rate of getting into the school is very low, but this only adds to its prestige. Students wear their uniforms like badges of honor out in the city, and there are many young children who make it their goal to attend UA. Alas, the goal is still achieved by so few.

After graduation, UA students are able to proceed into just about any university they wish, and businesses begin scouting students from their entrance into the school, looking for the best and brightest. Many of the most elite members of society are UA graduates, and some, though fairly few, become Pro Heroes once their schooling is done and hide their identities from press. Often, a hero who went to UA ends up with his or her own practice, this statistic known but its sources carefully hidden to safeguard the heroes' identities, developing some of the biggest-name agencies of Japan.

All this is supposed to begin once the students reach adulthood, of course. It is unheard of for a minor to go into a dangerous profession like heroism. Especially in this world of disaster-causing quirks, adults take the safety of the next generation very seriously. That is why this story exists, however, since Bakugou Katsuki defies these norms.

•••

"Dynamight! This way!"

"I fucking got it, dipshit!" A short man with spiky blonde hair shouts back at the Pro Hero Kamui Woods. The blonde hero ignites explosions on his hands, shooting up off of the building he has been spectating on the battle from and nosedives toward the street, pulling his hands forward as he reaches a villain on the ground and shooting off a massive explosion, breaking his fall and rocketing the villain back into the wall of a building and eliciting a grunt of pain from the asshole.

The spiky-haired hero, clad in black, green, and orange, an orange X on the front of his shirt, utility belt stocked with grenades, and two large grenade gauntlets covering his forearms from elbows to hands, bends his knees and takes up a fighting stance as his crimson eyes observe the street through a black mask covering half his face. "Got eyes on anyone else, Mount Bitch?" he snaps through an earpiece.

Mount Lady rolls her eyes at her colleague's loud voice. From where she stands towering over the city, she looks around again. A bit of rubble and knocked out villains being tied up by heroes are on the scene, but there are no more threats she can see. "Pretty sure we're good, Dynamight," she calls back before turning towards a helicopter and blowing a kiss towards the camera on it.

Dynamight rolls his eyes and sneers in disgust. "Kiss-ass."

"Hey!" Mount Lady shouts, scandalized, but does not argue that it is untrue.

"Alright, you guys, chill out," Rock Lock injects through his earpiece as he shoves another villain in one of their police cars. "How about you all help and finish securing all the villains."

Dynamight looks around, spotting some civilians behind a line secured by police on the city street. A few hold signs and chant his hero name. Dynamight huffs. "I gotta go," he says abruptly.

"Again?" Another hero asks. Protests flood the comms. Dynamight hears a sigh as he begins stalking away towards a tall building. "Where do you vanish off to all the time? You never stay for cleanup, man."

Scoffing, Dynamight looks up the side of the large corporate building in front of him. Holding his hands angled towards the ground at his sides, he returns, "None of your fucking business. We all got our own shit going on, and nobody else has any business digging into it." His hands ignite, and Dynamight shoots into the air, landing gently on top of the building after letting off a few more explosions.