Chapter 11: Public Relations

Since the initial one with Aizawa, Bakugou has had a few more outings with teachers, none of which fell short of being chaotic. Not one of those, however, was as chaotic as today.

"Get down, you piece of shit!" Bakugou shouts angrily, blood pumping quickly. How many enemies are there? Twenty? They can handle that.

Over the sound of gunfire, Sero squawks, "I've never exactly done this before, Bakugou! Quit screaming at me!"

"Then you never should've fucking tried, Soy Sauce-Face!"

"I think it's fun!" Mina interjects, but there are nerves peeking through her tone.

Kaminari, voice high pitched, whines, "Guys, guys.... I've been shot."

"You fucking idiot!" Bakugou screeches. "Get down! Get down! You'll get hit again, you fucking dumbass!"

"I think I'm dead. Yup. Yup. I'm dead."

"Oh. Me too. Oops."

"Ah.... Yup, me too."

Bakugou groans, asking with the slightest tinge of hope, "Kirishima?"

"Uhhhhhhhhhhh...."

Bakugou slams his head on his desk and resists the urge to explode his game controller when a large red "YOU'RE DEAD" flashes on his computer screen.

"Anyway, are you ready for the press conference later?" Kaminari asks, obviously looking to distract his roiling friend from the virtual defeat.

Bakugou lifts himself up to have only his chin resting on the desk, face scrunched in confusion. "What?" he asks blankly into his mic.

"You knowwww. Your press conference later today. It's been all over the news," Kaminari blabbers excitedly. "I'm not going to lie, dude, I've been looking forward to it. Just imagine: pro hero, Dynamight, highschooler extraordinaire, genius kid of the class, basically an undercover agent! Biggest coming-out ever!"

Bakugou could practically hear the gesticulations and the huge smile on Kaminari's face. It sounds like it's almost as big as the black hole of terror forming in his gut. "I haven't been told about a fuckin' press conference," he mumbles, the words grating against his throat.

"Wait...." There is a pregnant pause. "Nobody told you? What? But...you kinda need to know to go?" Kaminari queries, hesitant and slightly confused.

Bakugo furrows his brow and musses his hair with a frustrated hand. "It fuckin' seems like that, doesn't it," he spats with a sneer.

"Hold on, guys," Kirishima cuts in. "Bakugou, you said you're staying with Mr. Aizawa right now, right?"

"Yeah," he grunts back.

"Maybe ask him about it?" Kirishima proposes carefully. "I'm pretty sure it's a thing, but...I'd have thought he would've told you by now."

Bakugou snorts derisively. "Yeah. I'd have thought so, too."

Something in Bakugou's tone, though slightly static, coming through headphones, pokes at whatever part of Kirishima's brain makes people sense danger. "Haha," he laughs nervously. "Anyway, if you do have a press conference, we'll watch and be online and call-able afterward! You'd totally rock it!" The other three on the line cheer their agreement.

Bakugou grunts before hanging up on the idiots and throwing off his headphones. "Fuckin' dumbasses," he mutters. He stares at the wood grain of the desk, brow furrowed and large frown on his face. A press conference, huh? You'd think the hero himself would decide whether to set that shit up—or the hero's public relations team or whatever. Either way, he'd ask Aizawa if any of the crap the pack of highlighters and sharpie were talking about was true.