Chapter 9: Trudging Forward

Life chugs along for a while like a train that's falling apart. It is an absolute mess, and things keep going wrong. Everything somehow stays together, though, and time moves forward. Now, it is the day Bakugou moves in with Aizawa. How fucking weird is that?

Well, weird or not, it is happening. Hence, Bakugou finds himself rolling into an area of UA that he had never entered, Aizawa pushing the wheelchair he's currently confined to and had been wrestled into—no way he would have gotten into one without a fight. Red eyes snap around the place as they enter. It is out of the way from the classes, around the building and through a few secluded doors. Once past said doors, however, there is a very open room that looks like an extremely expensive hotel lobby—it's beyond that, even. How very typical of UA. There is an elegant stone fountain in the middle of the room, surrounded by small tables and luxurious chairs and benches with blue upholstery. Vibrant green plants and bright flowers add life to the room. Minimalistic gold sconces line the square room, a large doorway between each one.

Bakugou's eyes are wide in shock as he is pushed through the room like nothing is amiss. In no time at all, Aizawa is pushing open the fifth door on the right, opening up into a nice flat.

"Make yourself at home, kid," Aizawa says as he walks them inside. He pushes Bakugou into the middle of the entrance room. "Here's the living room. Over there is the kitchen," he explains, angling Bakugou to the left so he can see. The place is surprisingly tidy. The living room is simple, sat on a classy rug made of greys, with a cozy warm grey couch positioned in front of a dark wood coffee table and TV. The kitchen, which is separated from the living room by a little dining table, seems basic enough. It has an open side where the counter is accessible from the kitchen or the living room, three booth stools sat along it. The refrigerator and such are stainless steel, set alongside clean white cabinetry. "Over there is the door to my bedroom, and, next to it, my office," Aizawa continues, pointing out the doors beside the kitchen area. "If you ever need anything, please let me know.

"As for your room...." Aizawa pushes Bakugou along, going to the right. Opposite Aizawa's room and study, on the other side of the living room from the entrance, there is another door. "This is it." Opening the door before going back to wheel the kid in, Aizawa catches a glimpse of Bakugou's wide eyes. He smiles a bit at it, not that Bakugou can see.

Inside, Bakugou slowly scans his eyes over his new room, bigger than his at home—bigger than his parents' rarely-used one, even. A reasonably-sized bed sits with its headboard to the opposite wall, night stands on either of its sides. Two doors attach to the right wall, leading to the bathroom and a walk-in closet, Bakugou assumes. At the left is a raised section of flooring, topped with a large desk and some book shelves. The room falls into a similar color scheme as the living room, but with some blues added as an accent.

When he realizes Aizawa has been standing and waiting as his eyes floundered around the room, Bakugou looks down, a faint blush coloring his cheeks. "Thanks...." he mumbles.

Aizawa does not respond, simply wheeling Bakugou further into the room. Pulling to a stop, he releases the handles, ruffles his hand in Bakugou's hair, getting an angry snap in response, and steps away toward the door. "I'll let you settle in, then. The things you wanted from your house are already in the closet, bathroom, and desk. You can personalize the room however you want, by the way, since it's yours now. We'll be going out to get you some more supplies and clothes tomorrow, so maybe think about what you want. Call for me if you need anything."

The door closes softly behind Aizawa, and Bakugou turns from where he watched the door through the corner of his eye. He softly rests his hands on the armrests of his wheelchair, pushing upward, arms wobbly and body quaking. It has been a few days since his casts had come off, body nearly healed except for his lacking muscle and incisions wrapped in bandaging. Bakugou scoffs. He knew he should have blown up those bastards telling him to take physical therapy easily. Now look at him, trying to stand up like a newborn fawn even out of the hospital. He shakes his head, deciding to look around rather than think about things that'll just make him angrier.

He quite likes this room. It's very naked, but he has never been one to decorate much, anyway. He wanders around for a few minutes, walking slowly, even that pace taking a large amount of effort, and taking peeks into the bathroom and closet. Like Aizawa said, the few things he asked for had been brought in. In the end, he falls onto his new bed, messing it up before trying to tear the sheets open and get under them without standing up again.

It's been a long day, he thinks, his blinks slowing with each attempt they make to open his eyes again. Everything feels like it finally hit and zapped his energy. He may as well go to sleep for a while since nobody has been letting him do much else anyway. At least he finally gets to get out and do something tomorrow.

He falls asleep before he can even worry about that.

_____________________________

A short lil chappy mainly to move the plot along

-Angry
Word Count: 959