Can't sleep

You laid beside Hannibal, your eyes still could not sleep, you did not know why you could not. You decided to move slightly, maybe it being the way you rested that was the reason for you being unable to drift off to sleep. You moved closer to Hannibal, placing your hand near his side and resting your head near his. Hannibal's eyes darted down at your movement, watching how you sleepily moved, mumbling something incoherent. Hannibal frowned, closing his eyes again and feeling the bed shift again as you moved for the second time, even closer to him.

"Can you not sleep?" Hannibal's slightly sleepy voice asked, moving his hand to hug you into him.

You murmured something, closing your eyes and using Hannibal's moment as a go-ahead to snuggle into his side. Hannibal looked down at you again, your hair was slightly messy, and your mouth was slightly open. Slowly Hannibal moved to face you and wrapped his arms around you, pulling you into a very warm embrace. His chin rested on your head and he closed his eyes, savouring this moment. You smiled into Hannibal's chest, it was like being hugged like a giant bear. You moved your arms around so you could hold on to him also, loving how Hannibal was hugging you.

"When Misha could not sleep I used to tell her The legend of Jūratė and Kastytis" he said quietly.

You paused, Hannibal had never talked about Misha properly. He had mentioned his sister and alluded that she had died young, however, you did not know anything from that. Slowly you looked up at Hannibal's face who looked down at you.

"If you would wish for it, I can repeat the story" Hannibal said quietly, his hot breath slightly hitting your face. You nodded, a smile on his face and nuzzled back into his chest.

Hannibal told you the story of Jūratė and Kastytis, about a goddess named Jūratė who fell in love with a young fisherman named Kastytis and took him to her amber castle in the Baltic sea. When the Thunder god, Perkūnas discovered their relationship, he destroyed her palace and killed Kastytis. Jūratė's tears of pouring are amber pieces that wash up on shores and her cries can be heard in the stormy sea.

When Hannibal came to the end of the story, you had fallen asleep against his chest, his soft voice helping to lull you into the sleep which you had been searching for. Hannibal slightly smiled, you reacted exactly how Misha would react, falling asleep to her favourite story. You reminded him so much of his little sister and he would make sure you will never be harmed by anyone. Hannibal closed his eyes, smelling your hair and slowly falling asleep, you wrapped up in his arms.