break up prank (requested)

"Y/N? Baby, I'm home!" Karina yelled as she walked through the door, a small sigh falling from her lips as she put her things on the floor and let herself take a breath for what felt like the first time all day.

She waited to hear your feet on the stairs since she didn't find you anywhere downstairs. But after waiting a moment with no sign of you coming downstairs to see her, she decided to go upstairs to you.

"Y/N? You okay, my love?" She yelled as she walked down the hall, approaching the bedroom.

She walked inside thinking you might be listening to some music through your headphones and that's why you didn't hear her.

But what she saw when she walked inside made her heart sink deep in her chest.

She watched as you took some clothes off of the hangers in the closet and put them into suitcases and duffle bags that were on the bed.

"What's going on?"

You sighed as you tossed more clothes into the bags.

"I'm leaving."

It was all you said and she didn't know what you meant exactly.

She had some thoughts, some truly saddening ones like you meant that you were leaving her and not just leaving. But she tried to convince herself that you wouldn't do that. Surely there had to be a better explanation. Maybe you're leaving for vacation with some friends or to go visit family. She was trying to be reasonable.

"Leaving? To go where?"

"I don't know yet." You said as you walked to your bags and zipped them up.

You could feel her sad eyes on you the whole time as she watched every move you made.

"Are you leaving to go on a trip or something?" She asked.

"No, Karina. I'm leaving here, to go home."

"Home?" Se questioned. "Baby, you are home."

You shook your head with a sad sigh.

"I think we should break up."

You heard her breath hitch and a shaky exhale fall from her lips afterward.

"What are you talking about? Baby, there's no reason for us to break up. Everything's perfect between us."

You didn't say a word. You just kept your head down as you grabbed your bags off the bed and put them over your shoulders and pulled the handles up and the suitcase to wheel it behind you.

"This is crazy, y/n!" She said as she took your free hand into hers to keep you from walking away. "You can't be serious. I love you. Why would you want to leave when we have a bright future ahead of us?"

You shrugged your shoulders wordlessly.

"Don't go." She whispered as she pulled the bags from your hand and dropped them onto the floor before putting her arms around you. "I can't let you."

"Karina-"

"No." She whimpered. "I need you. I can't be without you. I don't know how I'm going to make it through without you. You know how much I love you. I know you love me just as much. Whatever is bothering you, tell me so we can fix it together. Don't go."

The last two words fell from her lips as if she was pleading with you to stay.

Yo turned around and buried your face in her shirt. She wanted to breathe out a sigh of relief, but she was afraid you were just giving her one last hug before you'd leave her for good.

"Please stay."

"I'm always going to stay, Karina. I'm not going anywhere."

She pulled back and stared at you with hopeful eyes.

"You mean it? You promise?"

"I promise. I was never leaving you in the first place. It was just a prank."

The hope faded from her eyes and got replaced by a look of sadness.

"Why would you do that to me?"

"I don't know. It was stupid."

"Yeah, it was!" She said. "It was mean, y/n. You scared me so badly."

"I'm sorry. I won't ever do it again."

She sighed and dropped her forehead against hers.

"Better not. If you do, I'll be the one that leaves." She said as she brushed the tip of her nose against yours. "I love you."

"I love you more." You said as you put your head on her chest, letting her hold you as tight as she wanted.

"I don't know what I'd ever do without you." She whispered and rubbed your back, refusing to let you go anytime soon.