Wishing upon the coin (Eri x ACPG)

This one-shot summary: Eri, a young girl gets ready for the upcoming winter events the town celebrates. With Tortimer, anything is possible. And with a little luck, luck that will be granted by tossing a coin in a wishing well, Eri will have the best year ever!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Now being the first day of the new year, Eri was very excited to see what was to come. She recently turned 13-years-old in December and has been working hard for the festive events. New years and Toy day.

Living on her own has made it tricker, not having any parents living with her. Though, she does not regret it. The animal villagers in the town are amazing!

They were very kind to her from the get-go, welcoming her to Dixil Berry. Vesta, the sheep who greeted her on the first day entering the town, was her best friend. Vesta helped her out so much. Helping her with the debt she had from Tom Nook.

Honestly, Vesta was a lifesaver

Even for Eri's birthday, Vesta gave her a fantastic gift. It wasn't expensive in any way. Rather very sincere. A set of Candy apples.

Which of course was Eri's favourite treat in the whole wide world.

For Toy day, the event was split into two parts, she found that out by Vesta. The villager has been living in Dixil Berry for a while now, much longer than Eri has. Eri has only been in the town since July and now it's January.

Vesta explained, on the 23rd of December, you can go to the Wishing Well and talk to Tortimer. The mayor will give you a gift for Toy Day.

Very excited, Eri woke up early and ran to Vesta's house, waking her up with her fierce knocks. Vesta swung open the door quickly and the duo walked to where the Wishing well was located.

Greeting a few villagers on their way there, each wishing them a "happy early Toy day." Tortimer was standing near the well, with snow covering the stone. Gaston, a villager, was shovelling the snow off the stone.

Vesta and Eri received a red doll from Tortimer, both very happy. Eri knew it wasn't anything fancy or expensive, she still felt very happy. The mayor gave her something.

The next day, December 24th, Eri was fishing at the beach for the winter fish that came that season. At 8:35 pm, she heard jingle bells. Wondering who it was, she followed the sound, snow crunching beneath her snow boots.

After a bit of walking aimlessly around the town, she found a reindeer who was named Jingle. Jingle explained he had gifts and he will hide and Eri will find him. And if she discovers him, he'll give her gifts.

It was super fun!

It snowed a bit and Eri had a blast running through it. Receiving gifts from Jingle was fantastic!

She got five in total.

Afterwards, on the 25th, Eri got all the gifts she was going to give to villagers to the respective animal in the village.

Some gave her gifts as well!

Altogether, it was a great Toy day.

Probably the best Toy day she had ever had.

The ones she had at her old home with her family didn't compare.

Toy Day has come and gone and now it is New years!

Eri spent New Year's eve with Vesta, watching the snowfall and the countdown clock slowly ticking down.

Once it hit midnight, fireworks were set off, filling the sky with bright lights.