September 16th 2021 | Clay

Sorry, it feels like it's been forever since I last published a chapter. I've been really into the book Manhunt by Sierrafantasies. She's ten times the writer I am and you should seriously check the book out.

10:27 A.M

I pull my pillow over my head. "AHHH," I yell into my pillow. It's incredibly muffled. I flip over onto my stomach. I whine and kick my feet on the mattress.

"Stupid, stupid, idiot, stupid mother fucker with stupid cheesy dumb 'what love is' bullshit. It's so fucking stupid. You dumb, stupid-"

"You okay?" I hear from behind me. I throw the pillow blindly at the door. "Jeez! You almost hit me with that thing!" Sap says. I flip over on my back.

"So why are you yelling, Romeo?" He smirks. I grunt and reach for another pillow and then throw it at him. "Sorry Casanova, did you say something?" He laughs and jumps over the pillow.

I grab one of my three remaining pillows. Really running out of ammo here. "What was it you said?" He asks and dodges. "Stop the world from turning?" He giggles. I finally hit him with the next pillow.

"You're a simp." He throws the pillow back. "And not a super intense Minecraft player." He laughs at his joke. "Will you shut up? She asked me a question! I answered."

"Did she ask you what love is?" He purses his lips. I frown and throw my last pillow. "She did!" He laughs as if that's impossible to believe. I guess out of context, it seems that way.

"Really?" He scoffs. "I can't tell you. First of all, it's none of your business, second of all, she told me that confidentially." I say to him. "Oh, you're a royal gentleman." He nods.

"I'm doing it as a friend. You'd do it for me." I tell him. "Yeah, I would, but that doesn't mean you're doing it as a friend. Having feelings for someone does not make you a bad person."

"You don't get it." I lay back down. He walks closer to the bed. "Then help me get it." He sits down. He seems to not be kidding anymore. I shake my head and sit up again. "I can't."

He looks down at his lap. He ruffles his messed hair. I lay my head in my palms. I feel his soft hands pull on my wrist. I look up.

"Clay, I don't know y/n as you do. But what I do know is that she cares about you. A lot. You guys spend practically every waking hour speaking to each other. She's funny, she understands being a content creator, and she's a nice person." He tells me. Not that I don't already know all of this.

"And I know you don't get flustered by just anyone. You have a hard time trusting people. You trust y/n. She trusts you with these great secrets you have to keep hidden from anyone else. And I know that you probably have feelings for her, and that's not wrong."

I move my hands to the back of my neck and massage my tense skin. He smiles earnestly. "I don't want to have feelings for her," I say. He nods and scratches his neck. "Well, you can't pretend you don't."

"But-"

"Clay." He frowns. I run my hands through my hair and down to my neck. I rub my neck from the exhaustion I've brought myself pondering from this. He stands up.

Sap walks towards the door. He lays a hand on the doorknob. Before opening it he turns his head. "Clay?" He twists it. "Yeah?" I look into his eyes. "If it's any consolation," He pulls the door open.