anxiety

the next day was not so very different apart from the fact instead of her parents arguing at 4 o'clock in the morning, she heard silence, which worried her.

she dragged herself out of bed struggling to stand because of the trauma she had put on herself.

she walked out the door to find smashed glass, ripped clothes, bags everywhere.

the photos were torn off the walls too.

a wave of anxiety hit her.

she wanted to do something but her silent little voice couldn't speak freely.

she wanders around the house realizing every room is the same as the last, a mess.

she knew for sure her dad had some something. her mum nor her dad were in the house.

'fuck' she thought to herself.

she didn't wanna panic too soon because her parents could just be out.

she waited a while but the light blue sky turned into a deep, dark black.

she looked up at the wall to the clock, 11.38pm.

'where the fuck are they?' she spoke to herself.

the feeling of dread took over her body and she rushed upstairs, grabbed her phone off her bed and dialed 999.

a woman picked up.

crying down the phone Talia explained everything her.

'okay we are sending someone out to you please calm down, they're on their way my lovely, do you want me to stay on the line'

'no it's okay, please just hurry up' Talia bawled.

around 5 minutes later theres 2 police officers stood at her front door.

she opens the door, stands back and lets them view the mess.

one of them immediately grabs their walkie talkie and describes the scene to dispatch.

immediately Talias head sparks up when the voice over the device mentions her mums name and the sentence 'she's at St. Mary's hospital'.

Talias heart drops all the way to her stomach.

'can we go? to the hospital? i need to see if she's okay?

'yeah of course we'll take you there' one of the officers say.

Talia ushers through the fucked up hallway to grab her converse as adrenaline rushes through her body.

she puts her shoes on and as quick as she could leaves her wrecked home in the dark and rushes to the hospital in such despair to make sure her mum is ok.