James' baby

"Kales! Kales wait up!"

I turn around to find Lex running after me down the school hallway. I raise an eyebrow at her, but slow down my pace towards my first period classroom (chemistry blergh).

"Why didn't you say goodbye to me yesterday?" Lex pouts at me as she catches up to me and walks in time next to me. "I was only on the phone for five hours to Cam."

"Five hours, Lex? Really?"

"Hey! I haven't seen him for almost a week! I'm having boyfriend withdrawal symptoms okay?"

I snort. "Overly attatched girlfriend much?"

Lex rolls her eyes. "What'd you do while I was gone anyway?"

I clear my throat. "Uh nothing - just hung out with Rin for a bit."

Lex's eyes soften in sympathy. "Oh I'm sorry - that must've been so awkward for you guys - after the whole "naked bathroom incident" and everything."

"Yeah, it was a little awkward I guess." I lie, running a hand through my hair. "Anyway, why haven't you seen your boyfriend for a week?"

"Five days." Lex corrected. "And he's in college and he's doing this exchange student thing or something - I don't know." she waves her hand dismissively. "He's in Australia, hanging with kangaroos and aboriginals. He wants to be a nature photographer, you see."

I listen as Lex gushes about her boyfriend, and the story of how she met him while trying to find her brother on his massive college campus.

"You're brother's in college?" I ask, intrigued.

"Yeah - first year. He's eighteen, almost nineteen although he still acts like a toddler." she laughs. "Why're you asking?"

"Oh, just curioius." I say guiltily. It's not like I want to hide the fact that I may sort of perhaps possibly maybe like Rin from Lex, it's just - he's her brother and it's weird.

She raises her eyebrow, looking at my guilty face. "Do you like him!?" she squeals suddenly, putting two and two together.

"What? No!" I blush.

"Oh mon dieu - you really do like him! It's written all over your face, hun!" Lex cries.

"Lex -" I start but am cut off by Lex's incessant rambling.

"Omygosh this is so cool - my big bro and my bestie, my bestie and my big bro! Can I plan your wedding? Ooh, if you guise had babies they'd all be so pretty! They'd be like freaking mini Alexa Chungs running around everywhere!"

"Excuse me!?" I say, glaring at Lex - her imagination was getting a bit out of hand

"Well, everyone knows that Alexa Chung's dad is a halfy - like Rin is - and her mum's white so she's mixed! That's why she's so pretty!"

"Uh, I'm sorry but what the hell is a halfy?" I ask confused.

"Mixed races you know - half white half yellow." Lex says as if it should be obvious.

"Isn't that a bit racist?" I say.

"It ain't racist if I'm yellow - I can say what I please!" Lex exclaims, making a random peace sign with her hand.

"Uh okay." I say incredulously. "But if I said something like that, I'd be accused of killing a mockingbird or something 'cos I'm white."

"Why would you be kill a mockingbird?" Lex asks confused. "We're not talking about birds."

"To kill a mockingbird." I say. "Haven't you read the book?"

"Stop trying to change the subject." Lex says. "We're not talking about books - we're talking about the future nieces and nephews that you and my brother will give me!"