My compromising position

I suppose by now you're probably wondering "What's so bad about this "James" guy?" Surely it would be better for him to come in then, say your Youth Minister from your old church."

Well my answer to that is, no.

James is worse. Much worse.

You see, when I started high school here, I was immediately branded as an outcast. A loser. And it sucked.

I'm not used to not fitting in in school because for the most part of my high school life I was the popular, pretty little rich girl and everyone loved, or at least pretended to love me. It was only a month or so before I left my old school when they began treating me like the stuff you find at the bottom of your shoe.

I guess that's another reason to why I ran away.

I thought that a new town, a new school and a new job (I guess) would mean a new start. A fresh start. Away from all those jeering, accusing faces at my old school, assuming horrible things about me based on the lies that he spread about me.

But as soon as I stepped into the school which I piled onto so much expectations of making new friends and people treating me normally for once, all my hopes came crashing down.

I was grabbing my books from my newly appointed locker (after organising them neatly on the shelves) and turned to get to my first class when something hard banged sharply into my shoulder.

"Ow! Watch where you're going." I snapped, leaning over to pick up my books, rubbing my shoulder.

"How am I supposed to watch where I'm going with your arse taking up half the corridor?" a boy with light brown hair falling from his head in waves smirked at me.

"Are you insinuating that I'm fat?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Insinuating?" he asked. "Oh, no no, I wasn't insinuating, no I was stating that you're a fat lard arse."

"You're an asshole." I snap at him, turning on my heel and slipping on a piece of paper. I fall down heavily onto my butt. Ouch.

"Oh ho, careful there, else you might start an earthquake."

I scowled and walked away from him. What a jerk. Hopefully he didn't set the standard for the rest of the people at this school. The jerk who bumped into me in the hallway trickled out of my mind as thoughts of making new friends and if the teachers were going to be nice, and how hard would the classes be clogged up my head.

I was sitting in the English room, drumming on my notebook with a pencil, looking eagerly around the room for potential best friends when a blonde wearing a white blouse tucked into fitted high waisted dark blue jeans that matched her eyes, a long golden locket on a thin chain dangling around her boney neck walked up to me in white heels, two girls - a blonde and a brunette - tailing behind her.

"Hi," I said shyly, staring up at the pretty blonde girl. Her piercing dark blue eyes, flawless skin and small, bow lips made her look like an angel. Her frail body made me want to wrap my arms around her and protect her. I smiled up at her. Maybe I would find a best friend sooner than I had thought.

How very wrong I was.

"So I heard that you pushed my boyfriend, James in the hallway this morning." she said cooly, looking at me with those big blue eyes.

"What?" I asked. "Oh, you mean that jerk - no he bumped into me. And what's more, he didn't apologise or anything."

"I haven't seen you around before - you're new to this school, right?" she asked.

"Yeah I am." I smiled at her. "I'm Kayley - what's your name?"

Her lip curled. "Ashley." she said.