32

SAMUEL O'CONNELL

the game ended with the jaden scoring in the last ten seconds breaking the tie.

thank fuck.

i deadass don't give a fuck if i sound like a baby but i would probably cry if we lost. we all would. this game is everything to us. it's what we look forward to. it's our last game we get to play in highschool together, we had to have won. no its, ands or buts.

we're all sweating like pigs and the crowds cheering could blow my head off. mixtures of cheering and booing are all combined, the cheering overpowering the boos. i shake hands with the other team members.

"you did a good job, don't even worry about it." i keep repeating the same thing to each member as i shake their hand and pat their back comforting them.

all these people are congratulating me, telling me things, cheering... and all i can put my mind on is cecilia. where is she?

i leave the field giving up searching for cecilia through the large crowd and enter the locker room.

there she is.

there's my girl.

she's leaning against the locker room door high fiving and congratulating each team member.

"hey there, buddy." she calls out to me enthusiastically.

i approach her. "buddy?"

she nods. "you're my buddy."

"mm." i mumble as i smirk at her. i walk closer to her and i'm hovering over her, she looks up to meet my eyes. she bites her lip. i curse under my breath. if only she knew what she does to me.

the power she has over me is unbearable.

she can fuck my life up for all i care.

she can run me over and still i would apologise.

it's in this exact moment that i am sure of something.

it's never been hate i've been feeling towards cecilia.

never.

it's never been liked either.

i never liked her.

it's just love.

i love her and i'm tired of denying it anymore. it may seem like it's taken 4 weeks for me to come to the conclusion of this but in reality, it's been years. i've just grown a pair of balls until now.

"let's get out of here." i tell her quietly.

she blushes. "you smell."

i chuckle. "after my shower, let's get out of here."

"with nate?"

"yeah."

she smiles again. "okay."

"okay." i repeat.