-(••÷[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴢᴀᴛɪᴏɴ]÷••)-

His alarm went off at precisely 6:00 AM. The emo reached across his dark black comforter to hit the "snooze" button, perhaps giving him five more minutes. 

Yet he was nearly blind in the dark, it was early in the morning, and hard to see in his almost all-black bedroom. 

Poor choice of decoration, Edgar. He scolded himself. 

Finally, he turned on the light and slid the button to turn off his alarm. 

"Ugh... it's too early..." He groaned, grabbing his pillow and smacking himself in the head with the fluffy object. 

After hitting himself with the pillow for longer than he would like to admit, he arose from his bed. 

And he felt the immediate need to sit back down after yesterday's events replayed in his mind. 

You idiot... why would you leave the potion out, in plain sight? He thought, burying his head in his hands. 

And then the memories of miny Colette played out, the conversation, the outfit, the personality, the nap, the note...

The note...

That gave Edgar enough strength to rise from his pity party of emo-ness. 

He ran into the small living space, grabbing the note he had left on the counter.

He wondered if he had missed anything. Edgar had been so tired last night, that after he read the note and ate the ramen he went to bed. 

But he had been too caught up in emotion to consider reading the back of the note.

Maybe...

If I flip in over...

Just maybe...

And so, Edgar turned it over. On the back of the Spike Sticky Note®™, there was...

Nothing. 

"WHY?!" He cursed, annoyed. Why couldn't there be any indication that this girl, was in fact, a miniature version of Colette? 

Maybe this never happened... maybe he was going crazy.

That was always a possibility. 

He groaned, before going back into his room.

He supposed it was time to get ready. 

—(••÷[ᴛɪᴍᴇ ꜱᴋɪᴘ]÷••)—

After a nice, hot, pity party of a shower and putting on eyeliner and his darkest clothes, Edgar knew what to do. 

He strode confidently into the kitchen, grabbing a Monster Energy Drink to tide him over, and slung his backpack over his shoulder.

As he grabbed his keys and locked up his apartment, the reality of the situation hit him.

If he was right, Colette would be there. 

If not... then...

Edgar wasn't sure. 

He would figure it out when he got to her apartment. 

Just as he was about to leave, his phone buzzed. 

He hadn't even thought to check It even though he had called Colette. The thought had escaped him. 

Better check it now... he thought.

One missed call from Colette and a single text message that read:

Colette🤪🤍🌵📘: What do you want?

Edgar gulped. That was unlike the other conversations he had had with her. As he scrolled through his texts, he almost started crying. 

Colette🤪🤍🌵📘: EDGAR!!! I FOUND THIS ADORABLE SPIKE FANART!! IT'S SO CUTE! I AM IN LOVE AHHHH!

Colette🤪🤍🌵📘: I STARTED A WATTPAD ACCOUNT TO WRITE FANFICTION MOODY MUFFIN! LOOK ME UP, MY NAME IS "COLETTELOVESSPIKEANDEDGAR!"

Colette🤪🤍🌵📘: EDGAR! Hey, wanna have lunch with me tomorrow? We can go any place you like!

Colette🤪🤍🌵📘: The Bad Randoms are SUCH A GOOD BAND! ONE OF THESE DAYS I'M TAKING YOU TO A CONCERT!

Colette🤪🤍🌵📘: EDGAR WHY AREN'T YOU RESPONDING TO ME? 

Colette🤪🤍🌵📘: AWW DON'T SAY THAT! I STILL LOVE YOU! <3

A single tear leaked out as he read the messages from two days prior. She was so happy then. 

Why did he have to buy that potion?

It was then that he realized how bad he was.

He didn't deserve her. 

If he really loved her, he wouldn't have bought that potion. 

Loved her...

He did though. 

Because he cared about what would happen to her. He cared so much, that he wanted her to love him back. 

This wasn't a small crush, Edgar thought. 

The emo was in love. 

Huh, maybe I'm not as emotionless as I act... the emo thought, about his newfound love.

And so he knew that whatever happened next, he needed to be there for her. 

Even if she hated him, it wouldn't matter. 

He just wanted to be there for her. 

No matter what. 

I'll be right by your side no matter what...

He held his head high as he walked out the door, not knowing what to expect.

What he did know, was that he would face whatever had happened.

He wouldn't run from emotion.

No, this time the emo was facing the emotion head-on. 

And he was going to win.