-(••÷[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴏɴɢ]÷••)-

⚠TRIGGER WARNING! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK! THIS CHAPTER OF EMOTIONLESS CONTAINS BLOOD AND ATTEMPTED MURDER!⚠

Hope is definitely an interesting thing.

Especially when it's one of the first times that you are feeling it. 

It was a weird experience. Edgar wasn't sure if he liked it. On one hand, he felt powerful and happy. On the other hand... he wasn't sure. 

On top of the hope that he felt, he also felt secure. Loved. Supported. 

Strange. 

His heart was going to explode.

Not in a bad way, though. It was like the black darkness that had encased his heart in a shell for his entire life was coming apart.

All the abuse he had faced as a child had taken away his ability to feel.

The times when his parents had told him he would be better off not living. The times when glass was thrown at his head for existing. Having to make his parents dinner. Having to clean up after them, do all the chores. 

Oh, dear. He felt a flashback coming on.

꧁༒☬𝓕𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓱𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴☬༒꧂

It was a day like many others. 10-year-old Edgar sat at the kitchen table doing his homework, humming along to a song he had heard on the radio. 

His little seven-year-old sister Bibi was dancing along to the musical sounds Edgar was making. 

"You have a pretty voice, Edgar! You should sing!" She said, giving him an irresistible grin.

The boy couldn't resist her when she was like this, so he put down his pencil and stood up.

From there, he began to sing a song. 

Something no one had ever heard. It was his own, unique.

"I stand alone, on this precipice of darkness, my only friend a shadow who's not my own. I long for the cravings of your love, a type of love that I have never known. You make me cry, but that's okay, I just hope I'm not a burden. I wish you could love me as I love you, I wish you could smile when I said your name, I wish you could take away all the pain, I have nothing left to lose. And so I stand and I wait and I wait and I wait and I wait for you... for you...

I wanna be the change, the constant in your brain, the lover you can turn to, the silent whispers of a page, I wanna be a smile, the heartbreak, and the pain... I wanna be you...

But every time I turn, I sadly see your hate. Affection that is not mine, really just pain. You turn your back to me, and when I try and call you, you act like I'm not there...

So who am I really to you, who am I really to you? A lover or a friend, the hate that is within?"

It was then that his father barged through the door, starting his sister and him.

"I've had enough of your antics, you stupid boy." His father said.

"Sorry, Elios." Edgar bowed and said his father's name.

"Sorry won't cut it. But you know what will..." It was then that his father swiftly turned around and grabbed a knife from the knife rack. 

He lunged at his son. The knife was pointed directly at his heart.

Elios was going to kill him. 

Edgar shielded himself from the impact by ducking but it wasn't enough. The knife came in contact with his skin, missing his heart and slicing his neck. He watched in horror as the blood trickled down his neck and onto his shirt. It kept coming. The pain was unbearable, like tiny bugs had crawled into his skin and were tearing at the pieces, making it bleed.