-(••÷[ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ]÷••)-

⚠WARNING, SOME TOPICS IN THIS SECTION OF (EMO)TIONLESS MAY BE SENSITIVE TO SOME READERS, INCLUDING ABUSE AND CURSING. IF ANY OF THESE TOPICS DISCUSSED IN THIS SECTION OF THE STORY ARE HAPPENING TO YOU, PLEASE REACH OUT TO A TRUSTED ADULT AND GET HELP.⚠

Edgar's little spree of happiness lasted for about five minutes, or at least until he got back to the gift shop and saw the huge line of people in front of his shop. 

Ah, shit... he had forgotten to check the time. It was probably past 12:30 when he should have been back behind the counter, doing his job. 

He looked up at the sky and cursed, quickly running towards the door while pushing past the families and their kids. He didn't mumble any apologies, just kept going. 

Finally, after what seemed like a million years he made it to the door. He fiddled with the key in his back pocket, nerves shaking his whole body. He shoved the key into the door, twisted left, then right, and the door clicked open. 

"Alright, you can come in," Edgar yelled to the crowd of onlookers. 

In the blink of an eye, the shop had filled up with many people. Some looked hot, or tired. Hungry or bored. Sad or angry. Edgar could relate. He was all of those things. 

Argh feelings... did you have to be so complicated? Both Edgar and his scarf wondered. 

He hadn't felt many feelings in his lifetime, especially ones like love. Love hadn't been part of his life, what with his childhood trauma from his psycho mother and mentally abusive father, these feelings had almost been non-existent. His mother had never cared for him, and his father had mentally abused him and his sister by blaming them for things they hadn't done and punishing them for his mistakes. He had been taught to hate everything and everyone, with all the negativity and awfulness that hid in the closet of his childhood, from things like never being told you were loved, or other things like your father screaming "F*CK YOU, I WISH YOU WERE NEVER BORN, YOU MISTAKE!" When you accidentally broke his beer bottle because he had left it on the floor of the kitchen. 

Love wasn't a daily part of this emo's life, it never had been. He really hadn't been exposed to that sort of thing, didn't really know what it was until Colette came into his life. 

He had to fix her. This had to work. He couldn't lose the one person in his life that actually cared about him. 

But first, work. 

 —(••÷[ᴀ ꜱʜᴏʀᴛ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ]÷••)—

Edgar handed the Witch Shelly costume to a little boy who had wanted one and his mother paid for it. 

"Thank you! Have a nice night!" She said, smiling. The boy waved at Edgar. 

Edgar gave a small wave back, but not before he heard the mother talking to her son.

"Don't you love this, sweetie? I think it suits you perfectly!" She said, ruffling the kid's hair.

"Yeah, Mommy! It's awesome! Now I feel like a badass AND a princess!" He said.

"No using that word, hon! But I'm glad you love it! Do you want to get your hair done next? Lot's of pretty bows, just like you want!"

"OOOH yes, please! Thank you, Mommy, I love this so much! And I love you!"

"I love you too, sweetie! Now let's go!"