chapter | 9

Trust Misplaced

Elodie had a tendency to react without thinking of the consequences which might follow. She didn't bother asking questions, instead just made a beeline for August's dorm; she was going to get answers from the source himself.

As she all but kicked down the door, she was confronted with the disappointment that August wasn't in his dorm. Overcome with anger, hurt and distrust, she sent him a very short, very blunt text telling him to get his ass over to the dorms immediately. And he did. In a matter of minutes, August was passing over the threshold which led into his dorm room, a confused expression over taking his face upon laying eyes on one very pissed off Elodie Parker.

"Uh," August glanced around the room quickly as he closed the door behind himself, unsure what had happened and why Elodie was so worked up, "Everything alright, Elle? What happened?"

"I need your phone," Elodie replied bluntly, holding out her hand expectantly.

August narrowed his eyes but handed his phone over nonetheless. "Am I allowed to ask why?" He asked, unsure what Elodie was looking for but trusting she had her reasons.

"I need your passcode," Was all she replied with, holding out the phone so August could enter his passcode. He did, and Elodie took back the phone, navigating her way easily to the photos app.

August waited for a few beats before asking again, "What's happening, Elle?" But, of course, he was met with no reply. "Elodie," He repeated, but the girl just continued to search through his photos. Eventually, August poked his head over the phone only to realise what Elodie might be looking for.

"Elodie, give me my phone," He said, reaching for the device. Elodie, however, had no intention of leaving without answers, so she ducked and turned away from August to keep searching. 

"Elodie!" He made another swipe for the phone, just as Elodie found the dread video she was looking for. August watched her freeze; she stood completely still, her eyes locked on the phone, her face completely unreadable. "Elodie?" August tried.

She threw the phone at him. "You fucking bastard," She hissed, before storming out of the dorm room, tears streaming down her face, the door slamming behind her. 

______________

(380 words)

next chapter is wilmon centered (warning, it's gonna be a sad one) so get ready!!