The Marriage of the Millennia

Hao De was shocked to see Dong Hua so soon.
"Did she decide on a day?" He asked and Dong Hua chuckled.
"It seems she doesn't want a large wedding. Bai Fengjiu would like to be married tomorrow." He announced and Hao De broke into loud laughter.
"I am serious." Dong Hua interrupted.
"Invite the most important people who can arrive in time. We can use the ancient marriage chariots and I will ensure the weather is fine." He told him and Hao De rubbed a hand down his face.
"You cannot be serious." He sighed, shaking his head in disbelief.
"I do not care about the niceties. I am a patient man, but I have been waiting over a millenia to marry." He informed him and Hao De nodded.
"Very well. I will see what can be done." He told him with determination.
"Let me know where I can help." Dong Hua offered his services.

Si Ming could not believe it when the Dijun returned and announced the news.
"What do you mean tomorrow?" He asked, his soup poised just below his mouth.
"I cannot wait a moment longer!" Fengjiu cried out, beaming with anticipation.
"Bai Fengjiu said she wanted to get married tomorrow and go to Kunlun mountain. So we will be married and then go to Kunlun mountain." He stated plainly and Si Ming was so impressed with the romantic nature shown by the Dijun.

Fengjiu was whisked away for dress fittings and other wedding related activities.
"Would you like to pick the fruits, your majesty?" One of the maids asked.
"No, I have said that Dijun can pick all of the food and drink. You can ask him." She told them and the girl nodded.

Fengjiu worked to hang peach blossom garlands all around the palace and in the street.
"It is getting late, Jiuer, let's go to bed." He called to her, looking up at her perched on the ladder.
"Let me do one more!" She called to him, wanting to make it perfect.
"Very well." He compromised and watched as she tied one final garland. She had no idea but he had the plan to make the sky pink with soft sunrise all day, and cultivate endless blossoms on their marriage road. It seemed that her plan of marrying quickly made everything less stressful. There was no time to dwell on things and in twenty four hours, she would be his forever.

He held her that night and pressed his nose against the nape of her neck.
"Are you sure about this, Jiuer? If we had longer we could have a more auspicious ceremony." He told her and she shook her head against his nose.
"I want to be with you, that is all that matters to me." She told him and he was touched by her love for him.
"Ever since that day when you saved me in the forest, I knew we were fated to be together. It just took awhile for us to get there." She told him and he pulled her a little closer.
"How are you so smart?" He asked and she shrugged her shoulders.
"Maybe I learnt it from you." And before he could reply, he felt her deep slumbering breaths against his chest. He smiled to himself knowing that this would be the last night he would walk his fated life alone, from tomorrow onward he would always have a companion, someone to look to when the days were hard, when he just wanted to lay his head on someone and cry. He wouldn't be alone anymore and that thought brought him more bliss than he had ever felt before.

Fengjiu was whisked away as soon as she awoke. She felt more nervous than ever before in her life.
"This is what you always wanted, enjoy this day." Qian Qian told her as she braided her hair. Fengjiu had requested that they forgo the traditional red garments and instead wear purple as she had always associated their love in soft tones of lilac.
"Do you not think it is bad luck to wear any other colour on your wedding day?" One of her maids asked her and Fenjiu chuckled, shaking her head.
"I have already had one wedding with Dijun in red. I want this to be special."

They dressed her in tones of pink and lilac and Qian Qian couldn't withhold her tears when she saw Fengjiu standing in her wedding robes, lavender braided into her hair.
"You are a bride the realms will never forget." She told her and Fengjiu couldn't look at herself for too long.
"It is perfect." She agreed.