• Prologue 📞

The wooden swing that was hung up by old ropes rocked back and forth beneath the old oak tree at the side of the Becker house. It was a calm night aside from the cool breeze that whirled through the trees causing the leaves on the ground to blow around.

    I wrapped my cardigan around my body hugging myself as I gazed out at the swing. Casey could be heard rustling around looking for the tapes we were going to watch tonight. I assumed she found them as it went quiet behind me.

    I continued to look out into the side garden as I remember all the times Casey and I use to play tag or hopscotch. My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the landline ringing.

   "hello" I turned to see Casey with the phone up to her ear, assuming it was her boyfriend calling her I signalled to her that I was going into the kitchen to make the popcorn. As I made my way out of the living room her voice faded away.

{Casey Becker
   Case and I have been friends since the second grade when I helped her with math problems. Casey is one of the populars. Her boyfriend, Steve orth, is a quarterback on the football team. Class A prick too. Him and Casey began dating a few months ago. Casey was well known among the school. All the boys wanted to be with her and all the girls wanted her to stay away from their boyfriends. She's one of my best friends. She use to hand around with our friend group but since her and stu broke up she's stopped. Can't blame her, especially with the sly digs billy would give her}

   I turned the corner into her kitchen and grabbed the jiffy pop off the side counter turning on the cooker. I peeled off the red sticker on the top that covered the small hole that let the steam escape. The landline in the kitchen began to ring again before Casey picked it up from the living room.

The Becker's were quite a well off family. Caseys family had one of the biggest houses and you could fit any other home in woodsboro in it twice, with the exception of one or two.

Casey rounded the corner like I had a few moments ago as I sat on the island across from the cooker.

"Who was that?" Coming to stand by my legs she leaned against the counter, Playing with the set of knives.

"just some guy who dialled the wrong number"

"Okay? who was the second one?"

"Same guy"

"why would he call it twice?"

"said he wanted to talk" furrowing my brows I brushed it off as someone playing a prank call on Casey.

Like i said, Casey was very popular. So getting a hold of her number wouldn't be hard.

"so which video do you wanna watch and don't chose a horror, it's all we ever watch" Casey began to shake the jiffy pop around before turning back to me.

"because they're great movies Case" I scoffed

'They're all the same. Personally i think a good romance is better than that."

"Oh god here we go, I can't with all that lovey dovey stuff l. I mean when does that ever actually happen" I hopped off the counter leaning against it

"you just love horror because you think you would be the last one standing" I turned to her a surprised look on my face

"I would be. You'd end up dying in the first ten minutes Case"  Just as she was about to reply with a smart remark the landline rung again, Both our heads snapping to it. Casey reached over and grabbed the phone putting it up to her ear as I leaned over the counter Messing with the chipped paint on my nails.