1.Monday sucks

🦋

A loud sound disturbing my peaceful sleep made me groan, Sleepily I looked at the clock.

8.00 am

I reached out to stop the annoying voice of the alarm "Just 5 mins more." I murmur closing my eyes in the peaceful silence again.

The ringtone of my phone brings me out of the cloudy haze. "Hello."

"Where are you, Rose? The class is about to start, "my face scrunched hearing Ava's loud voice.

"Hmm." I rubbed my eyes to push the sleep at the back of my mind.

"Wait, what?" I screamed seeing the time on the wall clock.

8.45 am.

How? It was just 8 a.m., one minute ago.

"Rose, you are still sleeping, Come, fast the professor will fail all of us in our group assignment." Her voice grows the panic in me as I get off the bed.

"I will be there, "I replied and cut the call, Walking into the bathroom, I removed my shorts and crop top, and after tidying myself, I wore blue denim and a hoodie.

"I am so fucked." I murmured locking the door of my house, with a file in my right hand and a bag in another I ran on the busy streets of Manhattan.

After running for about 10 minutes, my legs slowed down breathing heavily, I couldn't get enough air in my lungs "Just one mile more Rose you can do it."

"Ugh." I groaned out aloud bumping into the stranger harshly, I fell on my bum my files and bag lying on the dusty street my long brunette hair flowing in the wind all over my face tickling me.

Adjusting my hair, I looked up, ocean blue eyes pierced me and, I froze, his gaze blank, he looked at me coldly but still my heart feel warm as if I was familiar with him, he seemed a stranger yet I feel like I know him, he makes me feel.

A feeling too different to explain, I wanted to know how those lips would feel, I wanted to hug him like we are two souls who are meant to be. a

As if hypnotized I couldn't look away from him, Standing in front of me he is tall, and he looked handsome wearing all black, his dark luscious hair falling on his face.

"Beautiful." As soon as the word slipped past my lips, he bent down leaning forward his hands touched mine snapping me out of the trance making me realize, I spoke it out aloud.

"Sweetheart, are you done staring at me? "His eyes roam over my body making me feel naked under his scrutinizing gaze, standing up I feel nervous and embarrassed in front of the stranger.

"Here," he said handing me my bag and file, An arrogant smirk lay on his face as his fingers brushed against mine, and his stare lingered on the bracelet on my hand.

I consciously touched it, his head tilted staring at me as if he is amused with my action.

Butterflies evade my stomach.

My phone rang.

Shit, no time for butterflies right now.

"I am sorry," I said in a hurry running to reach the class.

Minutes later, I entered the class as if I had run a marathon "Oh, gosh I was so worried that you won't reach on time, "Ava sighed in relief.

" Seems like luck is in my favor," I said with a heaving breath.

A few hours later.

"Finally the presentation went out well." Ava said sipping coffee "I was shocked that the professor knows how to compliment someone too," she continued.

"I am so happy that the hard work was all worth it" I replied looking through my bag and searching for the photo with my parents, that was the only photo I had of them.

"What are you searching for Rose? " Her voice made me stare at her in worry as I huffed. "Oh, just a photo."

Flipping the pages, I look for the photo but I don't find it anywhere, I face-palm myself.

Seems like I lost it

Why? Ugh! Monday is always the worst day in the week

_____________________🦋