Chapter 16

The next morning, when I woke up, I noticed that my head was resting on Moriarty's chest and he was softly stroking my hair. 
-Goodmorning my dear.- he said, as I immediately sat down, embarrassed.
-Morning. I'm sorry if you didn't sleep well last night.- I said.
-Nonsense. I slept very well. I hope you did too.- he said.
-Yes, thanks.- I smiled. 
-Let's have breakfast. Aren't you starving?- he said.
-A little, yes.- I nodded.
Arriving in the lunchroom we noticed that the table was already full, like every morning. 
-I have to go, but just a few hours.- he said, while he gave a bite to an apple -I remind you that Sebastian isn't here. It's just you and a couple of domestics. It's okay for you?- he said. 
-I can handle a couple of hours alone here.- I said, after swallowing a piece of pancake. 
-I'm just warning you. I have a few enemies, who would attack me literally every time.- he said, standing up -I'm going to change, then I'll go. I'll see you later, dear. For any problem just call me, alright?-
-Mhmh.- I nodded, drinking some tea. 
-And don't try to run.- he added.
-I won't.- I answered, rolling my eyes. 
-Just making sure.- he shrugged, leaving the room.
After I finished my breakfast, I went to my room to wash and change myself. 
I wore a white shirt and a black skirt that reached my mid-tight. 
I had decided to go to the library and read a bit. 
While I was going I heard some noise, like someone was breaking a glass.
I froze in place, feeling my heart racing. 
-Are you sure no-one is here?- a voice asked.
-Yeah. Moriarty left for work and his friend, Moran, is out of town for a few days.- a second voice responded. 
-Damn, I'm in the mood of killing someone today, though.- the first voice said. 
I gulped and hid myself in the first room I found.
My whole body was shaking from fear. 
"What should I do?" I tried to think, but it was like my brain was disconnected.
I felt some tears of fear running on my face. 
After hearing the steps getting closer I decided to call Moriarty. 
He immediately answered.
-Hey, is everything alright, dear?- he asked. 
-No...- I whispered -Someone...is here...- I murmured, between sobs.
-How many are there?- he asked, I could hear a bit of fear in his tone.
-I heard...two voices...I think just two.- I said breathing heavily -I'm scared Jim...-
-I'm coming, don't worry. Focus on your breath.- he said.
-I don't want to die...- I said, covering my mouth so as not to sob too much. 
-You won't die today, dear. Not in my Manor.- he said.
-What do I do?- I asked, taking deep breaths. 
-Listen carefully to me. Go into my office and lock yourself in it. It's the fourth door on the third floor. There is a gun in the first drawer of my desk. Take it and if you need, use it.- he said. 
-I...I can't reach it. They will find me.- I said, feeling overwhelmed -It's too distant.- 
-You can, trust me.- he said softly -You will be more safe in my office. I'm like ten minutes from the Manor.- 
-Alright...alright.- I said, sighing. 
-Fourth door, third floor. First drawer.- he remembered me.
-Okay.- I nodded.
-I'll see you in less than ten minutes.- he said, as I ended the call. 
After taking a deep breath, I opened the door and I didn't hear them, so I walked to the stairs, reaching the third floor. 
My heart was beating so fast that I was afraid that it could explode the next moment. 
I found the fourth door and I quickly entered, closing the door in the most silent way I could. 
I locked the door, then I walked to the desk and opened the first drawer.
I took the gun in my hand and I loaded it. 
-Here's his office.- I heard the voice and I froze in place. 
He tried to open the door, but failed.
-Open it.- the other yelled.
"So one is here, the other is further away." I thought. 
-It's locked.- the first said. 
-Break it down.- said the man yelled again, then one of them started to punch and kick at it. 
I hid myself under the desk, tightening my grip on the gun. 
The man managed to open the door. 
-I opened it.- he said, proud of himself. 
"Ok, y/n, you have just one try, before he kills you. Aim for the head and shoot. It's not that difficult." I told myself, taking a deep breath. 
I quickly stood up, and aimed my target and, without thinking, I shot.
His body fell on the ground, lifeless. 
I gasped in disbelief that I really had killed someone. 
-What was that shot about?- the other man asked, as I heard him walking towards me. 
I hid myself again, waiting for him to get closer to me, so I could have a better view of my target. 
With my heart racing and my hands trembling, I clutched the gun and started to raise it.
Suddenly, I heard a shot and something hitting the ground.
-y/n? Are you there?- I heard Moriarty's voice, my legs collapsed and I fell on my knees. 
-Yes...- I breathed heavily, closing my eyes. 
-Oh my god, my dear.- he said, kneeling next to me. 
-I killed him...- I whispered, burying my face in his chest.
-It's okay, it's okay. You had to.- he said, stroking my hair -You did great, dear. Let's go. I'll call someone to clean up.- he said, helping me to get up -Want to go for a walk?- he asked me. 
-Can I go to see Sherlock and John tomorrow?- I asked him, as we sat on the bench -I need to, please.- 
-Yeah, okay. But I'll accompany you. Is this okay for you?- he asked.
-Yeah, thanks Jim so much.- I said, smiling and hugging him.
-You're welcome, dear.- he stroked my back. 
The next morning we went to visit Sherlock and John, who were very surprised to see me so comfortable with Moriarty. 
John and Sherlock didn't trust Moriarty at all, but they were trying to be nice, after almost jumping one on the other to kill each other.
But after we told them what happened the day before, they were almost grateful to him for saving me. 
After a few hours we came back to the Manor, but I had promised them that we would have gone there more often. 
-Thank you, for letting me see them.- I smiled as we stepped in the building. 
-You're welcome, dear.- he smiled at me, my heart skipped a beat and I felt something in my stomach. 
"Why does he have this effect on me?" I asked myself.