28. Betrayal

Previously on The Chosen Uchiha...

Tsunade takes a deep inhale and exhale, gathering herself to break the news to the clueless Miyo.

"Well, I suppose I can't sugarcoat it, can I? Well here it goes..."

Miyo swore that the next words that left Tsunades mouth made her heartbeat stop.

"Sasuke Uchiha has left the Village."

________________________________

The words echoed repeatedly through her head, eyes widening in utter disbelief at the sudden news.

"He... h-he...what...?" Miyo asked in complete shock, "What do you mean he left the village?!" she questioned once more, praying to the gods that it wasn't what she was thinking.

Tsunade took in another deep breath, looking at the distressed Uchiha with pity, "We have reason to believe that he willingly left the Village with four of Orochimaru's underlings last night."

Miyo felt her heart completely shatter, the realization of her brother deserting not only the Village - but his own sibling, hit her like a nuclear blast.

She couldn't help but shake her head, refusing to accept the reality of this situation. "No... No, you're lying! H-He wouldn't leave the village! He wouldn't leave me!" she managed to shout with a clearly shaken voice.

"I know it must be a hard pill to swallow, I can't imagine the type of hurt that you're experiencing right now, but you have to understand that this is all true." Lady 5th explained while interlocking her hands together to use as a chin rest.

"Then what the hell am I standing here for?! I-I have to go get him!" Miyo shouts urgently while getting ready to run out of the office, although a strong grip on her shoulder halted her from moving.

She turned around to meet the stern gaze of one of the Konoha elders himself, Danzo Shimura.

The two locked eyes for a moment, a deadly aura beginning to emit from the council member. "You will wait until the Hokage has finished, insolent child." he spat out, almost in disgust.

Miyo tsk'd in response, yanking her shoulder away from his grasp as she returned her attention towards the Hokage.

Tsunade gave Danzo a thankful look, switching her gaze over to Miyo to continue her explanation, "Now, as I was about to say... I'm sorry but you will not being leaving to go search for S-" her words immediately cutoff by a loud, "What?!" from the now enraged Uchiha.

"What do you mean I can't leave to find him?! Are you out of your-?!" Miyo shouts in rage, but this time her words were interrupted by the Hokage.

The Sannin got up from her seat and slammed her fist against the table, "That is enough!" she yelled back, everyone in the room visibly flinching except Miyo.

"You are in no condition to talk back! Not only have you just recovered from some of the worst wounds I've ever had the misfortune of laying my eyes on, but you are also far too emotionally unstable! You would only be a liability! Do I make myself clear?!" she questioned through gritted teeth.