part four

word count: 1747

On the drive back to Liam's house, the beta called Scott, telling him everything they found out from Gabe.

"Wait, why was Theo in school?" Scott asked, obviously not knowing the chimera was still there, listening to the conversation.
"He's been..." Liam hesitated "helping."
"You've been spending a lot of time together." the alpha said, but even he couldn't decide if it was good or not.
"Yeah I guess." the younger boy said awkwardly, turning towards the chimera, who had that stupid grin on his face.
"Do you think we can trust him?" his voice turned a bit more serious.
"I mean, I think he's- umm, he got better."
"Is that a yes?"
"It could be a yes." Scott stayed quiet for a second.
"Wait, does this have anything to do with what you asked me? About anc-"
"I gotta go! See you tomorrow Scott." Liam quickly hang up the phone.

"So that's how you talk about me?" Theo teased.
"Shut up before I make you sleep in your car again."

A few minutes later they pulled up in front of Liam's house, and the beta has never been more glad his parents work at night.

"We should order some food, kitchen's totally empty." Liam said, checking the fridge for the tenth time. The other boy agreed. They ended up ordering from McDonald's, considering they didn't have much money. Let's just say, you don't exactly have time to work when you're too busy saving your home town.

"What should we do until the food arrives?" Liam asked, sitting on the couch next to the older boy.
"Wait?" Theo said sarcastically.
"Don't be boring!"
"I'm not boring!"
"Prove it."

And Theo wasn't thinking straight when he pushed the other boy back, laying on top of him, he learned so close to the beta, they were breathing the same air.

"Your heart's beating really fast, Liam" and the beta honestly had no idea what was Theo doing, and he also didn't understand why was he enjoying it.
"What do you wanna do?" the chimera spoke again.
"Umm, we could, I don't know, watch a movie?"
Theo smirked, he just loved making the younger boy nervous.
"Alright. Star Wars was good." he pulled away, and sit back up.
Liam quickly got up as well, putting himself together and the second Star Wars movie on.

They watched the film in silence. Either of them questioned how did Theo's arm ended up around Liam's shoulder, or why was the younger boy learning closer and closer into the other boy's arms.

After half an hour, the door bell rang.
"I'll get it." Theo said softly, already getting up.

He opened the door, to see a pretty girl with red hair and brown eyes, around his age, holding the food they ordered.

"Here's you order." the girl said, smiling.
"Thanks." Theo said nicely, giving her twenty dollars. "Have a nice day!" he said, ready to shut the door and go back to cuddling with Liam, but the ginger had other plans.
"Wait!" the chimera stopped, looking up confused at the girl.
"Do I owe you more money? Sorry, I could've swear it said tw-"
"No, no, it is twenty, I was just wondering if maybe you wanted to give me your number?"

And Theo was surprised, because usually he's able to tell if someone likes him, thanks to his supernatural abilities, but this time he was too busy thinking about Liam to even consider paying attention to some random girl's heartbeat.

"You seem lovely, but I'm taken. Sorry." Theo really could've come up with something better.
"Ohh, I'm sorry, I just thought it was worth a try. Have a nice day!" she said awkwardly, than quickly walked away.

Theo smiled to himself.

Still got it.

"You seem lovely, but I'm taken." Liam mocked the older boy.
"You were listening?"
"I heard." He was totally listening.
"What was I supposed to say?" Theo asked, sitting back to the couch, handing the beta his food.
"Give her your number?"
"She wasn't my type."
"What's your type?" the younger boy used the opportunity to get some kind of revenge for the whole 'your heart's beating really fast, Liam' thing.
"Brunettes I guess?" Theo said clearly uncomfortable. He wasn't used to talking about things like this. Especially with someone who was exactly his type.
"That's specific."
"What do you want me to say? Blue eyed werewolves with serious anger issues?" the beta looked up at the other boy "I'm joking."
He wasn't joking.
"Yeah, right."