part five

word count: 2613

Scott, Mason, Liam and Theo were in the animal clinic, listening to a strange voice message, that might just lead them to the Anuk-ite.

"You pulled this off one of the bodies in the woods?" Theo asked.
"Malia did." Liam answered.

The thing is, both boys were pretending like nothing happened last night. They never talked about why they woke up in each other's arms, or about the anchor thing, or about the almost kiss. It wasn't awkward, but even Scott could feel the tension, and he was really oblivious.

Liam was hoping Theo was just as drunk as him, and he didn't remember how he called him 'extremely attractive', or that he asked the older boy to kiss him.

Theo remembered it all too well. He couldn't get the beta's soft voice out of his head, asking him to do something he really wanted to do.
Truth is, Theo didn't kiss Liam, because he wanted to remember their first kiss. He wanted it to be special, because Liam deserved something special.

"Yeah, there were six dead bodies, and one of them had no face." Scott spoke, looking at Mason, because he had no chance making eye contact with Theo when his beta was around.

"Okay so the one with no face, you think that's the woman on the phone?" the chimera said stepping closer, trying his best to concentrate on the mission instead of a pair of blue eyes.

"Maybe."

"It's the same thing that happened to Aaron. It took over his body,basically stole his face and his DNA. So that means whoever this woman is, she could be the other half of the Anuk-ite." Mason figured. And maybe Theo spent too much time with Liam, because he started to like the boy.

"Which means she's just half of the problem. The other half we already know about, Aaron." the chimera said, trying to come up with a plan.
"We don't know where he is, though."
"Aren't we supposed to keep both halves apart?  If we know about one half, let's just go for that one, that's Aaron." Theo spoke, like it was simple.
"I'm not agreeing with Theo, but I do think I'd be easier to track down Aaron over a voice on a phone." Mason spoke up, taking a step towards the chimera.
"That's agreeing with Theo." Liam said glaring at his best friend.
"Yeah, but I thought I'd try to soften the blow a bit."

And now it was Theo's turn to roll his eyes.
"Is everyone completely shocked that i might be right?"
"Nope, we just don't like you."
"That's not how it seemed last night."
And now Liam's cheeks were turning red while Theo smirked, knowing he win this one.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Mason asked confused, looking between the pair, than at Scott who seemed just as uninformed as him.

And Mason wasn't blind to not notice how Liam's body language changed around the chimera, and he didn't need supernatural abilities to feel the tension the two had. However only Scott was able to smell Theo's scent all over Liam, that was something he's definitely going to ask about.

"Theo thinks he's hilarious." Liam said still looking at the chimera.
"I know I'm hilarious. And you know it too, don't you Liam?"  the older boy took a step towards, clearly enjoying making the beta nervous.

"Can you two stop flirting so we can get back to the plan?" Mason asked trying to save his friend.
"We're not flirting!" Liam said, sounding genuinely offended.
Theo decided it was time to stop teasing, they can continue this conversation later.

"Alright, maybe we're all right." Scott continued "Maybe we should be looking for both. Aaron and the woman on the phone. I mean since you guys agree..." he looked at Mason and Theo.