Chapter sixteen

The day before Cassiopeia and Draco were leaving for hogwarts was chaotic and Narcissa felt like she was the only one in the chaos. Lucius had excused himself on 'work business' which Narcissa knew was a load of shit he was probably just getting drunk somewhere so he didn't have to deal with the two tornadoes of energy that just wouldn't stop.

They played quidditch in the garden for a few hours after breakfast and Narcissa hoped that would get rid of some energy but to no avail. They just managed to break a window and track mud all over the house. After they'd cleaned up the pair spent an hour screaming at each other because when Cassie went to get them some snacks she came back to Draco reorganising her trunk for the 38th time in three weeks. Then they were laughing and eating again.

The only one that seemed to be behaving was cassies new kitten that she had named Holstein, he sat in his bed on cassies window seat sleeping and occasionally moving to stretch or to be petted by someone.

"Is dad coming to drop us off tomorrow?" Draco asked his mum noticing the absence of Lucius at dinner.

"I'm not sure sweetheart, did you want him too?" She smiled adoringly at her son.

"Not really he'll only embarrass me or offend someone" he was bouncing his leg as he ate his food.

"Well then I'll make sure he stays home" she nodded.

"Thank Salazar" cassie rolled her eyes earning a laugh from her nephew and a slight snicker from her sister.

When they had finished there dinner they both bathed and got into there pyjamas finally starting to calm down, they both sat on cassies bed with Holstein in the middle of them playing with a small stuffed bear that was bigger than him. They were both laughing, heads rolled back, holding their stomachs.

Narcissa watched from the door way with a tray of hot chocolate, marshmallows and whipped cream levitating behind her. She didn't want to interrupt them, not yet.

Ever since the minute she had gotten pregnant with Draco, and then followed by Cassies accident she had felt cursed. Cursed because she had lost the years with her sister and because Cassie hadn't gotten to see Draco growing up, but it finally made sense to her. Everything that had happened was meant to happen for this very reason. No matter how much Narcissa wanted the lost years with her sister back, this was how it was always meant to be. Cassiopeia was supposed to be like this with her nephew, a child, happy. She was supposed to be more than his auntie. She was his sister down to the very last atom.

"Why are you looking at us like that Cissy" Cassie laughed interrupting Narcissa's thoughts.

"Well your both leaving me tomorrow and I want to enjoy this time we have" she finally entered the room with the tray following.

"We'll be home for Christmas mum it's not that long" Draco moved next to Cassie to give room for his mum to sit.

"I know, I'm being silly" she rubbed a hand over her eyes. "I've brought some hot chocolate" she smiled.

Cassie started making her drink getting a strange look from both Draco and Narcissa as she squirted whipped cream into the bottom of the cup with a few marshmallows then poured in her hot chocolate and added more cream and marshmallows to the top.

"What" she looked at them confused.

"Why on earth have you just made it like that" Draco said brows raised.

"Oh... when I was little and kreature would come to the house with aunt walburga that's how he would make it for me" she shrugged. "It tastes better"

"Oh my- I thought I'd seen that before" Narcissa burst out laughing, "our cousin Regulus always made his hot chocolate that way, kreature must have picked it up from him before he died" she smiled sadly at the memory.

"Just try mine I bet you it's nicer" cassie looked at Draco smugly.

"What are we betting for?" He retaliated.

"If I win then I get to have that green and gray knitted jumper that's in your wardrobe!" Cassie exclaimed.

"And if I win?"

"Your not going to win but to make it fair," she looked around her room and then smirked. "If you win you can organise my bedroom"

"Deal"

Narcissa shook her head at the two of them but watched them closely soaking in every second.

Draco took a sip of his own boring drink and then turned to cassies glaring at it like it had just insulted him. He took quite a big sip and his eyes widened as he swallowed.

"Jumpers yours" he rolled his eyes and Cassie fell off the edge of the bed as she celebrated.

Quickly running to Draco's room to get the jumper she had just nobly won she did a little bow and stuffed it in her trunk making Draco cringe and cover his eyes. The three of them sat talking and playing with the kitten for a while until Narcissa heard the crack of apperation. The clock read eleven thirty, she knew Lucius was home.

"Okay you two, bedtime you have a big day tomorrow" she cleared the dishes from the room with a flick of her wand.

Cassie picked up Holstein and carried him over to his bed and kissed his head softly then returned to her own bed which Draco was now clearly comfortable in. She kicked off her slippers and they both said goodnight to Narcissa who turned out the lamps on her way out the room.

"This is it, our last night at home" Draco said excitedly.

"What do you think it's going to be like" cassie buzzed.

"Amazing, I'm just glad that your coming with me, I heard dad saying he wanted to send me to durmstrang" he swallowed.

"Cissy wouldn't let that happen, it's too far away she'd have a breakdown without you" cassie laughed quietly.

They both drifted off to sleep with smiles still etched on their faces.