Chapter twenty

Cassiopeia was actually turning out to be a decent teacher when it came to Pansy and Draco, apparently the gift of Legilimency must have ran in the Black family because draco was picking it up faster than Pansy.

Although she enjoyed helping them it was getting too her more than she let on, having to go over all the things Voldemort had taught her was hurting her and not the physical strain that could often come with using the gift. It was the mental kind, the kind you couldn't get rid off with a good nights sleep. Her heart was aching and the gaping hole that he had left behind, the one she thought was being filled by her friends was starting to tear open again.

"Cassiopeia" Theo called not getting a response.

Theo was watching her closely the whole morning and Cassie was not with it, she had been staring off into space and Theo watched her eyes and they looked like they belonged to a ghost. At lunch before everyone else joined he was trying to talk to her but she just carried on looking right through him.

"Cass" he said a final time placing his hand on top of hers, she flinched and jumped back slightly looking up at him.

"Sorry what we're you saying" she gave him a small smile that didn't reach her eyes.

"You okay? You've been worlds away all day" he kept his hand on hers.

"I'm fine" she nodded taking a bite out of a sandwich.

"Liar" he raised an eyebrow.

"I'm just not getting enough sleep, I promise I'm fine Theo"

"Sure" he rolled his eyes just as their friends joined them.

Cassie moved her hand from under Theo's and placed it on her lap with her other subconsciously she picked at her nail beds.

"Hello my love" Pansy said as she rested her head on cassies shoulder and took a hold of her hand to stop her picking at them.

"Hi pans" she smiled.

"Our first flying class is after lunch" Blaise said as he stuffed a drumstick into his mouth. "Who do you think is gonna be the first to fall off their broom" he grinned.

"Cassie" they all said with the exception of Draco.

"Excuse me" she crossed her arms.

"Cass your not the most" Theo had his hand on his chin like he was thinking.

"Your clumsy" Pansy finished his sentence.

"I'm offended" she looked at them all.

"Cassie is extremely clumsy on her feet I agree with you all there" Draco said with a smug look on his face, "but none of you have ever seen her on a broom, she could fly circles around all of us and not bat an eyelid" he shrugged.

"Come on or we'll be late" Cassie huffed.

As she went to stand to leave her foot got caught under the bench and she fell right onto the floor, she jumped up quickly and turned to her friends.

"I don't want to hear it" she said rather aggressively and stormed out of the great hall.

As she was walking to the quidditch pitch she spotted Hermione walking alone and sped up to catch her.

"You excited for your first time on a broom" Cassie smiled.

"Hi Cassie, yes I've been looking forward to this all week I'm quite nervous though. Have you flown before" Hermione questioned.

"Mhm" she nodded, "I love flying, it gives you a sense of freedom"

"Well I can't wait to give it a try"