Chapter twenty two

As the November chill rolled through the castle the group of slytherin first years were all getting quite excited as it was Cassiopeia's birthday on the eleventh and the slytherin vs gryffindor quidditch match on the tenth so there was a buzz going around the common room.

The afternoon of the quidditch match cassie and Pansy invited the rest of the slytherin girls into their dorm so they could get ready together. Cassie had a record player booming music and Pansy was painting the house colours on each of there cheeks to show support but no one was more excited than Cassie. She had been waiting all day and not paying attention in lessons because she was so excited.

"So I take it you like quidditch then" Tracey Davis said as she sat next to Cassie on the trunk at the end of the bed.

"I love it, I can't wait to try out for the team next year" she smiled at the girl.

"Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks it's fun, all's that lot care about is if there hair is going to get blown out of place" she nodded towards her two dorm mates.

"Pansy's the same, at least I have the boys to talk to about it though. If you ever want to join us it would be nice to have another girl with me, she just refuses" she smiled and pointed to Pansy.

"I actually might take you up on that offer" she gave her a massive grin.

"Okay girls let's go and get good seats" millicent half shouted as they headed for the door.

"Wait it's freezing let me do something to your robes" cassie stopped everyone.

Individually she cast a warming charm to each girls robes and then her own, then they set off nice and toasty ready to cheer on their house.

After waiting in the stands for about ten minutes the boys joined them and every single one of them was shivering to the bone, the girls just laughed all feeling the heat of their charmed robes.

"That is not fair, why do you all look like your still by the fire" Blaise said as he sat next to Pansy.

"I think my lips are turning blue, and I can't feel my fingertips. Cassie what have you done" Theo narrowed his eyes at the girl next to him.

"I cast a heating charm inside our robes" cassie smiled and lifted Theo's hand to feel her robes.

"Please, please, please do that to ours. I will get on my knees and beg if I have too" Theo started to kneel but was pulled up by Cassie.

"And you all think I'm the dramatic one" she rolled her eyes and cast the charm on all five of the boys.

The match started and it was brilliant a great way to kick off the quidditch season. The slytherins looked like they were in for a good chance at winning even though flint did try to knock Harry off his broom and then Harry's broom was trying to throw him off it too. When it had all settled again and the match carried on the slytherins we're sure to win Or at least they thought it was until good for nothing Potter caught the snitch, in his mouth. Cassie thought to herself that even though he was a prat he was a fairly good seeker.

The rest of the slytherins sulked back to the common room all freezing cold and miserable, unlike the first year slytherins who were still all burning off the adrenaline from all the excitement.

When they returned they spent a few hours in the common room all together and when everyone was starting to wind down Cassie decided that the only thing she wanted for her birthday was a sleepover so her, Pansy, Draco, Blaise and Theo all piled in to the girls dorm and Cassie made up some beds on the floor and sent Theo and Draco down to the kitchens for some food.