Ingrained reactions

Looking out from the classroom window, Izuku can't help but get lost in the clear blue that meets his gaze. It's as if the clouds have scattered around one big spot, making way for the scorching sun. Introducing one more day of class.

Izuku didn't expect normal high school life to be so... peaceful. He can almost hear the low hum of the wind as it ruffles the leaves and moves the trees surrounding the school's district in something akin to a dance. Graceful and harmonious.

A few birds fly by, breaking the relatively calm atmosphere he's garnered. It makes him acutely aware of the movements happening around him. Looking back up at the clock, he realizes that they still have a full period left before lunch. So why was everyone packing?

"Aizawa asked us to meet him at the school's gymnasium after changing into our PE uniforms," Shinsou says as if hearing Izuku's thoughts. The boy turns around to face him, bag slung casually over his shoulder. His eyes never really meet Izuku's own as he's scratching the back of his neck in what Izuku can only assume is a nervous gesture.

"Right, thank you." Despite the awkwardness of the interaction, they end up walking to the locker room together. Izuku's not sure what the teen must be thinking about him. His social interaction level is practically nonexistent by now. He can't even tell if it's uncomfortable between them or not.

By the time they make it, most of the boys are already leaving, having already changed out of their uniforms and into the right gear.

Making quick work of changing, Izuku almost forgets that Shinsou is still there with him. Gym shirt halfway through one of his arms, he turns to see if the other teen is watching.

Red meets wide purple, and Izuku curses himself for the careless mistake. Shinsou's looking at him with evident horror and shock. Making it painfully clear that the teen has seen some of the gruesome scars adorning his body.

Thankful for his inability to panic, Izuku calmly finishes his task and leaves before the other teen can voice any unwanted inquiries. He feels lilac eyes follow his movements the whole time.

______________________________________

"It took you fifteen minutes to get ready. I expect that to become shorter the next time." Is the first thing Aizawa tells the class the moment everyone gets there. "Now, we'll be sparring today. Each of you will try to last 1 minute against me-"

"One minute? That's easy! I can last ten!" Looking towards the voice's owner, Izuku recognizes the same guy from the entrance exam, the one with the heat quirk. Izuku really needs to stop forgetting his classmate's names. They are subjects of interest after all.

Aizawa doesn't seem to appreciate the interruption, his previous neutral expression morphs into a darker grin, looking at the kid with something akin to feral satisfaction. Ah. The man probably expected this reaction from the students. Maybe even counted on it.

Izuku knew better though. Aizawa wasn't just a teacher. He was the underground hero Eraserhead. Infamous amongst both heroes and villains for his swift and brutal take-downs. The man wasn't someone to trifle with.

"Itsumo Aki. Crossed the finish line first during the Gen-Ed practical, but got an overall average on the written exam." Aizawa sounds bored again when he addresses the teen- Itsumo, Izuku will try to remember it this time- The man has a barely palpable tilt to his voice. It shows a hint of the concealed annoyance the teacher must be feeling. "Step forward then, you'll be the first to volunteer."

The kid visibly gulps at that, but steps forward nonetheless, chest puffed up in false bravado as he smirks at the students watching him. Izuku can already picture this particular outcome.