Long nights and sinking stars

"So..." The man leans against the doorway, arms crossed loosely, regarding his husband with a meaningful gaze. "Care to explain?" His long blonde hair swayed as he let his head tilt to the side, showing off a cascade of golden locks, tied into a messy half-bun.

Sighing softly, Aizawa's eyes flickered to the lit corridor leading into the bedrooms, before settling on the voice Hero once more. "Coffee first." He mutters, tone slow and gruff as the exhaustion of the day finally seems to catch up to him.

Humming in agreement, Hizashi followed the underground hero to the kitchen counter, watching through mustard green eyes as the man made himself a cup of coffee, his movements sluggish and tired as he moved through the motions on habit alone.

Once settled in their respective seats in front of each other, the smoky, earthy scent of coffee ground melting into the air around them, Aizawa began his explanation.

They talked in soft voices, actively keeping their tones low so as to not be overheard by their impromptu guest. The voice hero only spoke once Aizawa was done with his retelling of the afternoon's events. Having listened attentively, patiently waiting for the man to finish.

"Is the listener going to be okay? What could cause that kind of extreme reaction?"

"We don't know, we don't have access to his medical files and the kid didn't have anything to say about it either." Sighing for what felt like the umpteenth time today, he continued. "Recovery Girl thinks it might just be his body that's not fit to handle invasive quirks."

"Can't you ask his parents for his medical records?" The man inquired, taking a moment to adjust his glasses before letting his hands rest once more on the countertop.

"His father is apparently out of town, didn't even answer his phone. The kid's on his own for now."

Both of them were silent for a moment, processing these facts, sharing a meaningful gaze in between them. "And are you okay?" The question seemed to catch the underground hero off guard. He should be used to his husband's perceptiveness and protectiveness by now.

"I'm..." He tried to find the right words, wanting to be at least a little honest. "I'm alright, just got scared for a moment there. The kid was in a pretty bad shape and it caught me off guard." Noticing the man's reluctance to elaborate he changed the subject.

"So, how long will he stay with us?"

Taking a long sip of his drink, hands cupped around it, chasing the warmth, Aizawa answered softly. "I'm not sure, the weekend at least and then, I guess it will depend on how he's doing, and if his father decides to finally show himself."

They heard a door open down the hall, the only indication that someone else was in their apartment. The boy's footsteps were so light, if Aizawa wasn't expecting him to show up, he wouldn't have noticed him entering the kitchen.

"Hey there, little listener, we were just about to call you out here." The kid looked smaller than usual, wearing one of Aizawa's spear shirts and sweatpants, one that seemed both too tall and too tight on him, given his frankly impressive amount of body muscle, but smaller stature. He figured it would do for now.

His posture was as rigid as ever, however, back ramrod straight, shoulders held confidently even as he seemed to want to be anywhere but here.

"Yes, sir, would you like me to help out with anything?"

"Help out?" Hizashi repeated a little dumbly before jumping up from his perch on his elevated seat. "Of course not, you're a guest here, and you are recovering!" His jubilant hero persona made a comeback as he bounced in place, gesturing widely with his arms. "Right now, you're only job is to lay down and relax, got that, little man?"