Bonus Chapter 2

I had written this scene a while back and decided that I might as well include it.

Hope you like it.

************************
Alex's POV:
************

Roughly a month later~
____________________________

The fire alarm was repaired and fully functional, I armed my kitchen with a fire extinguisher just to be safe and wore my swimming goggles as I attempted to cut my onion without breaking down and sobbing all over the dinner.

Yes, I was cooking... "Miracles do happen" These are not my words, but my best friends' who felt really inclined to add her opinions and commentary while she helped me cook.

"Did you add some olive oil in the pan?" Kate yelled through the speaker phone.

I looked at the can of olive oil, "What do you mean by 'some', is it one tablespoon or three...?" What's with these vague instructions?

"Just add half a tablespoon please, you are just going to caramelize the onions a little." She said, sounding exasperated.

"Caramelize? Should I be adding sugar too?" I asked.

"Nooo! Please don't add sugar or I'll kill myself and haunt you!" She exclaimed.

"Okay, I get it..." Geez. I just thought a little sweetness would be nice.

"Seriously Alex why do you ask such dumb questions?!"

I pouted and was glad she couldn't see me, "You're supposed to help me okay, I'm a new cook." I said as I finely diced the onions that still didn't look quite as even or fine.

"Calling you a cook is a stretch, it would make more sense to call you sane." She said, and I paused

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, finding time to be offended at my friend.

"Nothing...Just concentrate on your work."

"Kate come on don't lose patience, I'm really trying, I want this to turn out good." I said as I added the chopped onions to the pan and suddenly a sizzling sound surrounded us.

"Alright, fine... But just so you know, if that dish turns out good it's because of me, and if it doesn't it's all you."

I scoffed and chuckled, "right, that makes absolute sense..."

I really wanted tonight to be perfect. Jensen was returning from his business trip in Russia and since our busy schedules never seem to align I haven't seen him for some time now. I had the whole day and I decided to cook up a storm, right after having some breakfast I picked up the pots and pans and got to work.

I have eventually caved and moved in with him, after he asked me for the fifth time. But every time he leaves for one of his business trips this big house seems too empty, the bed too big, everything reminds me of him and then I miss him even more.

Sometimes I feel like I'm not a very good girlfriend while he's just too good to be true, he feels guilty for not spending enough time with me, tries to make it up to me with spontaneous date nights and by giving me all his attention when in my company, and I just feel like I don't do enough.

But I try, I always do. .. and this cooking session was an attempt too. After all It was February 13th, his birthday and I really wanted to do something special for him. He would be tired after his flight journey that'll take around 10 hours and so instead of going out somewhere I thought we could just have a nice private dinner in the comfort of our home and then have some wine and fall asleep together.