Chapter Twenty Eight ♥ "His world"

                                “His World”

أحب طعناتك لأنها لم تأتِ مرة من الخلف."

Zayed

Friday- 11:19 PM

The discomposure of that awkward moment still crawled on Zayed’s skin as he recalled her scarlet face. The look of agony and astonishment that spread over Mahra’s face and invaded her eyes when his grandmother forced them to stay the night here, was unforgettable. He felt her discomfort and knew that it wasn’t what both of them wanted nor had planned. However, once Zayed’s father insisted they leave tomorrow morning, as much as Zayed wanted to but he didn’t refuse or made any excuses. And yet again, put himself and Mahra in a phase where the pain will only be theirs to bear.

“She looks pretty damaged.” came Badr’s voice, who alone was accompanying him in the maylis and as always he seemed to read his nephew’s mind.

Zayed lost his stream of thoughts and turned to stare vacantly at his uncle for a while, then nodded slowly. He knew he was referring to his wife, and from the look on his face, Badr wasn’t blaming Zayed for anything. Unlike most people he understood Zayed, and knew him the most.

“You shouldn’t have told her about your father’s wish!” Badr went on, seeing Zayed’s lack of reaction to his earlier inquiry.

Zayed thought before speaking. “I didn’t want to tell her, but she persuaded me!” He informed, hating himself for being weak enough to blurt everything out in front of her. Trying to steel himself from that night’s trouble as his uncle was taking him back in time, to that disastrous night.

“How did she take it then?”

“Pretty rough.” Zayed sighed. “And that too was just by knowing half the truth.” He stated.

“What do you mean?” Badr arched an eyebrow.

“She still doesn’t know anything about Hamad and Mona, and also about…” He paused mid-sentenced, unable to put his thoughts into words.

“About you and Jenaan.” Badr completed for him and Zayed nodded once again.

“If she knew about that she might not be able to live through it.” He added a while later, a glint of uneasiness shown in his voice.