Origins and Early Life

Alone.

This was how life was for all the time he had yet had.

Alone.

No pack, no siblings, no family, no comfort.

Alone.

Nothing but torture, training, and testing.

Alone.

Nothing but strange bipedal creatures that cared nothing for him and his mind.

Alone.

Bred to kill, built as an experiment, and meant to be bought and sold.

Alone.

He was known as the Indorapter Prototype, and he was created to be an engine of relentless death. Nothing more, and nothing less.

His growing days were spent in cages, without company and without space. While his predecessor, the Indominus Rex, had been afforded great space to make up her own sadistic mind, his had been forced upon him.

Previously the creatures made by Dr. Henry Wu had been predetermined to be female in order to prevent their breeding, but the Indoraptor Prototype was inherently a test, and so they tested a new gender for it, he was made to be male.

From birth he knew nothing but pain, as his contorted and strange body had experienced it greatly while emerging from his egg. His muscles ached, and he felt cramped even in open space. Immediately after his hatching, he had been placed in a small container and plugged into things that had purposes he could not comprehend. The pain he felt soon became so constant that it became dull, and the needles of injectors soon were accepted as a part of existence.

They put things in him, agonizingly strengthening his modified form, causing his first months of growth to be marked with endless strange and painful sensations that he could not ignore or understand, and these sensations, like his previous pain, were accepted as a part of existence.

He did not know that what was happening was bad, or that his existence was terrible, for he knew no good to base his experiences on, and so the discomfort was accepted as a part of existence.

The small creature wasn't allowed to move after he was born, and was nourished through the same needles that had plagued him prior. When he was finally put into his cage, he stayed still, and laid down, for he didn't know how to even move.

For days he learned of himself, the sensations of skin, nose, ear, and tongue. He learned to move, to walk, to run, to jump. He learned to inhale deeply through his nose, and realized that some things smelled different from other things. He learned to distinguish between the different noises he heard, the hum of generators powering the light of his small home, or the voices of those who watched him. He learned by licking everything he found that some things tasted different from other things, but he knew not what those tastes meant.

He had to learn how to eat, as he had been previously fed by injections. It took him time and near starvation to learn that he needed to use his jaws, teeth, and tongue to alleviate the empty feeling in his core. Eventually, he came to learn timing, and memorized the perfect regularity of his feedings, predicting their happenings and positioning his body accordingly.

He wandered around his small realm, curiosity driving him to go where he hadn't been before, to learn what he hadn't known before, and to do what he'd never done before. It was all he knew to do, it was all he could do.

Then, when the bipeds were sure that he had learned enough about himself and his form, they moved him into a different cage, larger than before, though without a light to comfort him.