Freedom

It was morning, and the massiveness of the world outside the bipeds' den was still amazing to the Indoraptor.

The world was kind to him, for once. He wasn't hungry, and there was more light than he had ever believed possible. He had finally fulfilled the purpose he had given himself. There was no need for revenge, there were no lessons, no sessions, no targets, and no bipeds. He was free, but not yet whole.

He had been following the most similar creature throughout the night, hoping to catch up to her and observe her. He was curious, and that curiosity would drive him to the ends of the earth if that was where he needed to go.

He screeched happily, feeling alive for the first time, free to run without hitting a wall, and free to do anything he wanted to do. He couldn't figure out exactly what he wanted to do, but that didn't stop him from enjoying himself.

With his belly full, he had ignored all of the animals he had encountered in the woods, but that didn't stop them from running away in terror. He didn't mind, they weren't the kind of creature he was looking for.

He had been following the trail of the most similar creature for what seemed like hours, and was still surprised that she was so far ahead of him with so small of a head start. How long had he stared at the odd bipeds?

Soon another question started wracking his brain, one that he had tried to ignore even as he tried to answer it. Why was he following her?

He didn't know what the answer to that question was, only that there was one that he didn't see. He had always lived alone, and he'd never even seen anything similar to him before last night. The closest he ever came to having a relationship with another creature was his absolute loathing of the bipeds, and that was a pretty one sided one at best.

All he knew was that there was something missing, and he thought that she would have the answer to what that missing thing was.

Pushing his contemplation aside, he focused on the trail. He was certain that he was catching up, he just wasn't sure when he'd actually get close enough to see her.

He looked around, reveling in the beauty of this new world. This was his home now, away from the bipeds, even the odd ones. He could be happy here.

His senses were finally back up to their normal strength, having worked out the last of the tranquilizer that the foolish biped had tried to sedate him with. That was how he knew she was coming to him.

He sidestepped easily when she lunged at him, surprising himself and her. He'd never fought anything in such a large area, and dodging attacks proved to be far easier than in the confines of the bipeds' den.

He was briefly confused as to why she was attacking him, but he quickly figured it out. They had been fighting just last night, and he had been following her trail since then. She must think that he's here to kill her.

He decided to simply wait it out. Once she realized that he was only avoiding her attacks and not fighting back, she'd stop fighting and get curious herself.

It was easier said than done however, and after the first dodge it only got more difficult to continue. She was skilled, but she wasn't used to fighting something that was bigger than her and at the same time as agile as her.

After several minutes of moving, she finally stopped attacking, and cautiously stood still a distance away from the Indoraptor. She had seen this odd behavior from him before, he hunted and then stopped, and then never resumed.

Neither of them seemed to be sure what to do next. He thought about the predicament. They weren't fighting, that was something. But what now?

The most similar creature had been thinking the same thing, so she uttered a short call to him.