Chapter 5 - Introductions

Valentina's POV
                             ———————————

We just made it outside of the dining room and I am trying to mentally prepare myself because  there probably are a lot of people in there, and if you know me I don't like a lot of people being around me.

It is different for different situations, like if I am at a job related thing and I have to but if it is on my free time I'd rather not have to deal with that bullshit.

Some talking could be heard but besides that it was kinda quiet but everything that was being said could somewhat be heard clearly but still a bit muffled.

Before Luna could open the door for us to walk in I grab her arm and she stops and turns back to look at me, her face twisted in confusion as to why I am holding her.

"How many people are in there?" I ask but I don't make it obvious that I feel some type of way about it because I am not necessarily nervous but I would just rather not deal with anyone right now.

"I am not sure but nothing over 20 people so not a big gathering." she says back and I just nod and she opens the door to enter the dining room and we walk in.

She was right there wasn't a lot of people, but before I could focus on anything I scanned the entire room looking for any threats, quick exits –just incase– and any thing that looked like it wasn't supposed to be there, and while I was doing that I didn't realize that everyone got quiet and was looking at me.

Once I was done with my little routine check I looked at everyone in the room, still keeping my guard up but trying to look as relaxed as possible because I don't want anyone to know that I am on guard.

I like to be secretive about everything about me and my life just so no one knows what to expect from me.

I walked over to one of the empty seats and sat down not caring about the stares I was getting from everyone. I noticed Ace, Felix, Favio, Rocco, Alessio but the others I didn't recognize.

Felix is Ace's second in command and best friend and they have known each other since they were little kids and have been best friends ever since.

Favio is the best hacker in the Italian mafia. He is literally the brains behind almost everything, he joined the mafia when he was in 9th grade and he, Ace and Felix grew close and eventually all became best friends.

Rocco on the other hand joined a few years ago and he is the one that handles the shipments most of the time but he is also one of the best fighters so he goes out on missions when needed.

Alessio is the best sniper and 2nd best racer in the mafia and is known pretty well in the underworld and he is overall good with weapons so he handles that some of the time, he joined some gangs when he was ten but wasn't necessarily jumped in so he went into hiding built a name for himself and hen he was around 15 he joined Ace's mafia and they eventually all became really close friends.

The entire time I felt Ace's eyes on me but I didn't really care I just wanted to eat and go the fuck to sleep cause I don't have time for all of this bullshit so he better start talking or I am just going to go back up to my room.

The dining room was huge, it had a very high ceiling and it was more modernly decorated but it still had a darker vibe. There was a huge chandelier and the table was long and probably fit 20ish people and the table was nicely decorated with a black table cloth and a gold foil table runner.

All of the plates and silverware was set out nicely and in order, and there was a wine glass and water glass placed with it.

People were still quietly talking but most of the people were still focusing on me and why I was there, but they didn't speak on their thoughts.