②Jam & Cookies

The Fluine bank is the country's one of the most prestigious banks. Located in the city center as a strategic  nexus for the city dwellers, its polygon shaped structure shone pristine. And injustice to my ethnicity.  I bristled silently. 

As I floated inside, my face and body constantly  matched up the colour tones of the background and the humans. The security guards only saw regular opaque humans. My mouth curved up in delight.

The usual hustle tripled in chaos. Just as I wanted.

"Sir, we are sorry for your loss but loan deposits weren't supposed to be consumed as food" My dear teller's face twitched.

"MY WIFE LEFT ME! I WAS IN A PTSD!"
A face almost of the shade of tomato bulged, his hands all splayed like a kid throwing tantrum. "THIS IS SO UNFAIR! I WAS SACKED! MY WIFE LEFT ME! I COULD DO NOTHING BUT EAT UP THE DAMN COOKIES! WHO GIVES A DAMN ABOUT LOANS! I WAS STARVING!" He struck his index finger in the air gaining a lot of onlookers. 

My dear teller interjected. "But sir-"

"You got to understand my situation, Mr?" He looked at his name tag. "Mr Kraw, I'm having a midlife and humanitarian crisis! Couldn't you  give me another month of grace period?"

"I'm deeply sorry sir, but in a week  the pledge would be ours to claim" My dear teller must have  tried to be very gentle but it came out forced. The client let out a deep groan and was soon tackled by the security. A few golden suited clients clicked tongues. 

I sneaked my way in through the massive sea of neurotic faces. Before I could snap my dear teller to attention a mangy kid with bangs beat me to it.

"Here is my father's payment". The boy lugged a sack full of cookies twice his size onto the counter. 

My dear teller painstakingly counted each with the speed of lightning and after a while frowned. "You're a dozen short sonny" 

The boy's reply came out wobbly. "Oh! I could bake them and give it in a couple of hours!"

"Where is your father?" 

"H-he s-said 'the stocks killed him'", the boy hiccuped. "B-before h-he..."

"That's very brave of you sonny, tell you what" My dear teller looked right through him at me. "I'll pay the dozen for you. Now off you go!" He winked.

"Oh thank you! Thank you so much sir! I'll never forget your help!" The boy left. 

"To what do I owe this pleasure", My dear teller sighed resignedly with downcast eyes. "Jam?"

I materialised as an inconspicuous  human in the meanwhile. "My dear teller! I'm delighted that you haven't forgotten me! I've come to see how my favourite human has been faring!" I hoped my words conveyed the exact opposite.

"As you can see workload increased," He pointed at the growing stacks of white paper hill.

"You should try jam and cookies someday" I cackled showing him telepathically how I stole the cookie granaries. 

"You-" His face contorted.

As they say revenge is sweet.