③ It all happened on a Sunday

"Meira dear! I'm going out to your aunt's. Study hard and sleep early!" Mum  tried her best to be concerned but we all know by the time mum returns it would be 12 am because yes, shopping exists for a reason.

The door clicked shut and I tried to drown in Biology notes for Monday's exam.  The first few units  looked insta-lovable. The rest? 
Pages and pages of notes no different to the textbook.

Soon they muddled up in a messy blur of black ink. My hands went on semi-autopilot mode doodling Ralo's face. Ralo, the guy who was the embodiment of interesting conversations. Ralo with the sunburnt hands which I would like to touch. Ralo the sick skateboarder.

Ping! Ping!

My phone woke me up from my reverie. It might be probably mum's paranoia filled texts to drink water. I sipped from my water bottle with one hand while sliding with the other hand.

My eyes stung all of sudden as I tried laugh at the ludicrousness but it ended me in coughing up water.

You've received 2 messages from ralo.o

"Hey! Join the street painting at Mochos 3-4pm!"

"spray paints on the house!"

After an eternity of listening to my wrestling mind both encouraging me to go and scolding me not to, I shoved in my notes into my messenger bag and rocketed off the door. 

Only for an hour. Ralo. Only for an hour. Ralo.  I muttered my mantra to myself trying calm my racing heart as I flew past the cobbled street. 

A bunny's face lighted up - the mascot of Mochos. A sign board pointed the back of cafe for the graffiti wall. Suddenly I was paralyzed with fear. What if mum came earlier?  The door of the cafe beckoned me with flashing lights but my paranoia about tomorrow's exam also grew. 

"Ah looks like both of us are early", a bright voice oozing with enthusiasm reverberated. It seemed like a kid splashed paint on his head. The owner was none other than Ralo. I parted my lips to say something but none of my thoughts were "cool" to be spoken out. I followed him as he chattered along about which spray paint to use and where. 

"Here catch!" He threw a burgundy can to me. It took a moment to realise I jumped to catch it. Autumn leaves flew across the nozzle chuckling. Or maybe it was Ralo's chuckle. 

"Soo biology exam, you're ready?" Ralo made small talk but I never thought a cool kid  would talk about boring exam stuff. Since this was a turf which was easier for me to talk about, soon enough even as the place got crowded, I felt we've known for ages! The wall grinned.

As we spray painted we talked pretty much everything I didn't cover for revision although others buzzed around around him with every other trivial thing in life. 

I reached home in time. As Ralo's texts pinged me, I scrawled in my diary.

It all happened on a Sunday ^v^