④ : Re-scripting...

"So the whole time you've been faking it? I can't believe I fell for you Oli!" 

"No- Ro! please.. I cannot fake the risks and I-"

Oli's facial muscles crinkled to a doleful grimace as she cried out her ex's name in her sleep. The bench, just beside the ginormous Weeping Willow that shaded her from the snow, wailed each time she turned.

"Plonk!"

Her 'Noooo' resounded through the surroundings as she stirred awake.

"Who interrupted my only chance with Ro?" She grunted with only one eye open but to her surprise she found no one except...

A diary with her name embossed?

Her forehead creased. Maybe Ro's peace offering?  But there wasn't a human in sight.

Her hands leafed through the pages slowly at first. The pages stared at her bored. She fastened the pace and reached the last page. It read :

As Oli , I hereby promise to take care of the book of life granted to me and be utmost careful while re-scripting fragments of the contents the script carries. 

She took a pen from her earlobe and signed it hastily. Blank pages as book of life? Ro doesn't believe in spiritual hogwash...She couldn't find Ro's name anywhere. 

Suddenly something moved in her peripheral vision. Words started to take for on the empty page and soon got filled with Ro's and Oli's.  Oli thwarted the book away from her, shrieking.

How often does one find a book writing by itself? And that too everything from her life in a script format!  The leathery pages was a proof that the book wasn't a product of hologram either.
And then the word "re-script" from the last page came to her shooting out all her train of paranoia.

"What if I could re-script my life? What if I could change the way how I belittled Ro and turn my snappy egoistic retorts to more tolerant ones?" She whispered in the misty air. 

Her pen hovered from the day of her birth till present, as her eyes flitted from one page to the other.  At certain pages, she could only reminisce and chuckle while at other pages she cringed at herself being too snobbish and entitled. She cut those lines and replaced with more understanding words. The yes, I shall be your friend  turned to no's  explaining in the gentlest way how uncommitted she was in friendships for long run. 

And then the most awaited section came up... The time when Ro  teetered her reality by entering her life in the most inconspicuous way possible. At the grocer's where he taught her counting changes...

Soon the part came where she found herself putting another mask for him as his girl. The pen almost drew a line but before it could touch a letter

"Oli! Stop!" Ro huffed and panted clutching a similar book like hers. "Let's re-script in the moment as besties"

"Is this your book?", her voice wavered.

"No..." He gazed up above. The dusk colors beamed back.

"Welcome back bestie", she mouthed on his shirt.