The Beginning

Warning: Siriusly, mostly everything is going to change. This is so different from cannon.

Information:

"Siriusly?" - talking

'Raven' - thinking

'you are an idiot!' - telepathy

"Wolf in sheep's clothing" - parseltongue

-YOU!- - spell

October 31, 1981

The thunder flashed, making the red-haired woman jump. The hazel-eyed man next to her gently wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pressed a kiss to her forehead. They had been sitting on a flea-eaten, rotten couch for more than 10 minutes, waiting for the headmaster to come and tell them what was happening. 

The floo spit out green flames, causing the couple to jump to their feet. Out of the green flames came an old man with a long white beard reaching the beginning of his waist. His twinkling blue eyes were vibrant even in the dark and cold setting of the room.

"Lily, James! How long have you been waiting?"

"Not for long, headmaster"

Dumbledore pulled out his wand and sat down on the chair he conjured. He put his hand on his beard, leaning on his armrest.

"What news did you bring us here for, Albus?" asked an impatient Lily, getting tired of the silence. James shot a look at her, but she ignored it in favor of looking at the headmaster.

As the twinkle in his eyes disappeared, he replied, "My dear, I am afraid that there is bad news. It seems that Voldemort has sent followers to search for you and your husband."

"We already knew that headmaster" replied James, his suspicion rising. 'He knows that we know that. Why did he call for us to meet him if he is repeating the same things again?'

Dumbledore knew that James was starting to get suspicious, but before he could begin speaking again, he was interrupted.

BANG

Everyone jumped to their feet, wands ready. They couldn't see each other because of the smoke from the noise. Lily guessed that a portion of their meeting spot's walls had been blown up, and she was right. Lily felt someone grab her, and she quickly turned around. When she saw that it was James, she relaxed.

"We have to go, now!" whispered James.

Lily didn't have time to answer before she felt the familiar sensation of apparating. She was about to scream at James for apparating as it could be tracked and because Dumbledore told them not to do it. 

She looked around when she realized that they weren't at their house. They were at one of James's properties, Godric's Hollow. James ran upstairs before she could ask why he did that. 'Why would he do that? We were safe with Dumbledore! And what are we doing here?'

Two cries were heard and Lily ran up the stairs and came to the old creaky door to the children's room. They had planned that if anything happened, they would be staying here. They didn't tell anyone other than Sirius, Remus, Peter, and Dumbledore.

Lily opened the door, making it creak. James's head snapped to her and he quickly stood up, holding two children in his arms. Lily walked toward them, confused. 'Why are they here? They are supposed to be back at Potter Cottage.'

James gave her the small 7-month-year old with reddish-brown hair and hazel eyes. Lily held her youngest child, cradling him against her chest. Her husband held their older son, a 1-year-old with a small patch of black hair and green eyes.