Chapter 3

"Caroline asked about Egyptian tiles. What should I tell her?" Kia's assistant, Ivy, asked her.

"We have them in our stock, but confirm the designs with Joe first." She replied, browsing through her computer.

She was an interior materials supplier, and has been so for the last two years. At first, she just dealt in plywood, but once she got enough experience and street cred, she worked in all interior materials, except wallpapers.

She was happy with her work, and her decision to start her own business, instead of working for one.

She also, in her third hiring, got an able assistant in Ivy, and a competent store manager in Joe. They both were great and only occasionally a pain in the ass. And since they usually worked with designers, they didn't have to work directly with people trying to change their home, unlike at the present.

Caroline was a friend of Joe, and she was renovating her home. Only problem was she was indecisive, and that meant waiting on her for too long. At least she didn't ask for any discount, so it was reasonable.

Kia yawned and saw that it was nearing five. She was also hungry and hence decided to leave early. That was her favorite perk of being the boss. She informed Ivy and Joe about such, and they just saluted her. They enjoyed doing that when she was using the said perk.

She wore her coat and decided to walk towards a nearby deli. She had just taken a couple of steps, when she noticed Leo talking on his cell. She walked towards him and he also noticed her, and this time he did look surprised.

He hung up his phone and chuckled, and Kia mirrored his action.

"We didn't meet for eight years, and now twice in two weeks." Leo observed, and Kia chuckled more at that.

"What are you doing here?" Kia asked.

"I was visiting a friend nearby." Must be a rich friend to afford a residence in this area.

"That's my store." Kia pointed her finger, preempting his question.

"Zelen?" He asked with a frown. It meant 'green', her favorite color.

"Yes. I supply interior designing materials." She told him.

"Wow, that's great." He said appreciatively. Normally, she would just acknowledge it with a smile, but this time, she blushed.

"You want to eat something?" she blurted out.

"Sure." He instantly said, then cleared his throat. "I mean, I don't mind."

"Cool." She said. "There's a nice deli nearby." She left out the fact that she called it Cheapotle because of its cheapness and Mexican food.

"GB's?" he questioned.

"That's the one." She nodded. "You have been there before?"

"Yep." He nodded. "Best place for tasty and cheap tortillas." That sentence pleased Kia immensely. More than what should have been natural at someone's interest in cheap food.

They walked silently for a few moments after that.

The warm, fragrant air of GB's was soothing to Kia after the chilly walk. Both of them ordered tacos and sat at the table overlooking the street.

"So tell me, how is the life of an interior materials supplier?" Leo as they began eating.

"Its good." She said and then reminded herself to be more conversational. "I prefer it to working in a corporate."