Chapter 4: The Queen and The Mistress

The Chapel in Versailles
Veronica, Mary and her ladies go to the Chapel for morning prayer. "It's a blessing to have you Princess," said the Archbishop, Veronica looks at the Archbishop "Thank you Father my ladies and I were praying for the queen," Veronica said then the Archbishop smiles "We should all pray for her majesty and the baby as well," Archbishop said bows to Veronica and walks away. When Veronica exited the Chapel she hears someone calling her name. Veronica turns around to see who it is it's one of queen's ladies in waiting "Your Highness the Queen would like to see you she has just given birth but it's not good," Said the girl. Veronica and Mary run to the Queen's room and they see the Queen sitting up in her bed.

Veronica runs to Maria Theresa "Sister you look unwell and where is the child," Veronica said to the Queen

Veronica runs to Maria Theresa "Sister you look unwell and where is the child," Veronica said to the Queen. Maria Theresa falls into Veronica's arms and cries "She's gone sister and your brother the king did not tell you," Maria said. Veronica looks at Maria Theresa "Sister your daughter is with god now you must get well for me," Veronica said and lays Maria Theresa down she gets up the Queen's ladies bow to Veronica. Veronica and Mary leave the Queen rooms "Where are we going now Princess," Mary asked a disappointing Veronica. Before Veronica could answer the kings groom walks by "Groom come here," Veronica said to the boy and the boy bows to Veronica "Yes Princess how may I help you," He said. "Tell my brother the king I would like to see him in my chambers," Veronica said the groom bows and goes to the kings office.
In Veronica's Bedroom

Veronica arrives to her chambers she walks in and sees Philippe and Madam de Montespan in her room "Your Highness I have found the name of the mistress who has been sleeping with the king," she said and Philippe looks at Montespan

Veronica arrives to her chambers she walks in and sees Philippe and Madam de Montespan in her room "Your Highness I have found the name of the mistress who has been sleeping with the king," she said and Philippe looks at Montespan. Then Gwen opens the door "Princess your brother the King and Princess Henrietta are here," Gwen said to Veronica and Bows "Let them in," Veronica said walking towards her chair. Philippe pulls Veronica's chair out for her "Thank you brother you're so sweet," Veronica said Philippe smiles and sees Louis and Henrietta walking in together "Sister you wanted to see me," Louis asked looking at his sister "care to explain why didn't you tell me about my nieces birth and her sudden death," Veronica said to Louis. Before can explain "I bet you were too busy with your mistress and Madam de Montespan what is the name of my brother the king's mistress," Veronica said and looks at Montespan. Madam de Montespan tells Veronica "Princess the King's mistress is standing right in front of you," She said Veronica and Philippe look at Henrietta with shocked looks on there faces "Veronica I was going to tell you about the child," Louis said to his sister "Brother you're having a affair with my wife," Philippe said and looks at Henrietta. Louis leaves and Henrietta stays to talk to Veronica in front of Philippe "So my so called sister in law is having an affair with my brother the king," Veronica said looking at Henrietta coldly "I can see in your eyes that you are jealous of me," Henrietta said smiling at Veronica. Veronica laughs at Henrietta "You think I'm jealous of you that you spend more time with my brother the king than me that nonsense Henrietta," Veronica said with a smile and Henrietta leaves the room "Sister I think you and I should visit the queen," Philippe said Veronica nods her head yes. Veronica and Philippe arrived to the Queen's room and bow to her "Sister," both of them said that made Maria Theresa smile "It's good to see you both here it seems that you two have something to tell me," Maria Theresa said looking at Philippe and Veronica. Before Philippe could say anything "Is it about the king," Maria asked them and they shook their hands yes "Veronica has found out that the King your husband has taken a mistress," Philippe said and looks at Veronica "Sister who is the mistress that the King is seeing tell me Veronica," Maria said. Veronica took a deep breath and tells Maria Theresa "The mistress that the King is seeing is Henrietta Stuart Philippe's wife," Veronica said and Maria Theresa stayed silent in shock at the news.