Taking care of Sherlock

Two months into recovery

Mycroft
"Sherlock would you stop pacing! It's obnoxious and starting to get on my nerves!" He glares at me and stops for a moment.

"Its not my fault that I'm worried about Rosie. She was throwing up her breakfast this morning." He say's and I sigh while setting my pen down and closing the file I'm currently working on.

"Look Sherlock, she's okay." I turn my monitor that's showing John and Rosie towards him. He calms and sets down in the chair in front of my desk.

"Sorry. I just want to make she that she's safe. I failed to keep Mary safe, even after she shot me, and I was barely able to keep Rosie safe a few months ago." He says and true raw emotion slips into his words.

"I know that Sherlock, but over worrying about them could cause you to step over a boundary you don't know exists."

He nods and rubs his hands over his face for a moment. "I going to steal one of your guests rooms for a few hours." Sherlock says and gets up.

I watch him go to the door but stop before leaving and says "I know about you and Lestrade. I just ask that you don't steal all of his time. And if things go south because you hurt him, I will make your life hell."

His eyes narrow and his whole demeanor changes. He looks as if he wants to kill me right now.

"Sherlock I won't do anything to harm him. I would protect him with my life like I vowed to attempt to do with you. You're harder to protect but he won't be as difficult. If I must sign some sort of form or something to get you to believe me, I will."

He nods and walks out of my office. I pull up a separate screen to see where he's going and see him grab a bag he brought with him, before walking into one of the guests rooms.

I swap the camera to inside the room and he sets the bag down to start working on something of his.

I go back to working on my file while occasionally checking on Sherlock, John, and Rosie.

Rosie has had the flu for a while and only now has it gotten worse. She coughs again and John looks extremely tired.

My phone buzzes on my desk and it pulls my attention away from the monitor.

Gregory
How's Sherlock doing

He's anxious about Rosie -MH

It makes sense. He sees
her like his own daughter

Indeed -MH

On the topic of Sherlock,
do you know why he
threatened me about
hurting you

He's my brother. Did you
not expect him to find
out what happened 
two months ago -MH

That's fair but it
doesn't explain the threat

He threatened me
about hurting you, if
it makes you feel
any better -MH

Not really but sure

I'll keep you updated on
what's happening with things
over here or with John
and Rosie -MH

Alright

Have a good day Gregory -MH

You too Myc

I put my phone down and look back at my file. Bored at this point, I close it again and keep an eye on Sherlock.